Anyone did the 10,000 swing challenge after completing simple from s&s?

akeeda

I just completed sinister with the 32kg bell. Do you guys think it's a reasonable idea for me to do the 10,000 swing challenge with a 16 kg bell? I plan to stick with it throughout the challenge to avoid injuries. Has anyone done it?

@akeeda 16kg sounds like a very reasonable weight for you. It's the sort of challenge where just doing it has a lot of value, and you don't necessarily have to find the perfect weight.

I quit S&S, so I can't say anything about the sequencing of programs.

@akeeda I did the 10k swing challenge in 2018 with the 40kg bell. Amazing strength gains in every other lift. I started it again in my gym with 5 other people this time. The strength and movement gains are amazing. My son has 8400 swings done with the 44kg (1st 5,000) and 48kg. Deadlift and squat numbers are through the roof. Accidental PR’s in almost every movement.

I think the next movement will be the half-snatch.

@akeeda Don't do it with a 32. I did S&S over a year ago and I'm just now doing the 10k challenge with a 24kg. It feels like the perfect weight, so 16 should be fine.

You can always upgrade or downgrade the weight after 1k swings.

@akeeda Just have various weight kb available during your sessions. If you are feeling good, use the 32kg if you're feeling tired, use the 16kg. Alternate between single handed and two handed based on the rpe (rate of perceived exhaustion). It really isn't a program you start with safety in mind. It is a program about pushing your mind body connection.

@akeeda I did it with a 26kg with no previous kb experience. First week was tough but it got easier. Now I incorporate swings in most of my warmups or workouts to some degree or another. I love em. Maybe I’ll do the 10k again now after seeing this post…

@siswhtvr Damn bro. Where you some rad athlete before coming to kettlebells? I mean honestly kettlebells are safe but if you are some guy from couch who did it , you must be really hardcore

@akeeda Nah not rad athlete but far from sedentary. Endurance mountain biking and some weightlifting. From the endurance side tho I know what it’s like to think you have nothing left but still have hours to go. Experience in those spaces helps a lot cause you learn how to dig deep and persevere.