Anyone here on a plant-based diet? What do you guys usually eat to meet your daily protein count?

alicegrace

Currently on a cut and I’m planning to go on a plant-based diet (for health and performance reasons). Need some ideas lang on what fruits and vegetables you guys usually eat to meet your protein needs (e.g 1.6 -2.2g per kg)

@alicegrace Peanuts, other legumes, monggo, etc. Broccoli. Soy (taho, tvp, etc.). Nuts and seeds (almonds, sunflower, pumpkin, chia, flaxseed, etc.). Higher protein grains (adlai, brown rices and the like).

Though I eat meat, currently, I tend to lean veggie-heavy and those are the kinds of things I go for (except for soy and peanuts, but that's due to food allergies). Just be sure to vary what you eat, and get a good mix of other vitamin-rich veggies as well.

@melbournedud Oilseed sunflower production is the most commonly farmed sunflower. These seeds hulls’ are encased by solid black shells. Black oilseeds are a common type of bird feed because they have thin shells and a high fat content. These are typically produced for oil extraction purposes; therefore, it is unlikely you’ll find black oilseeds packaged for human consumption.

@alicegrace I rotate around these: tofu, tempeh, soy milk, tvp (textured vegetable protein), lentils, chickpeas, black beans, other beans, wheat bread, peanut butter, adlai, black or red rice, rolled oats, pumpkin seeds. I easily reach at least 130g of protein every day (tracking with MFP). I'm 130lbs for context. 🌱

@alicegrace spinach, avocado, asparagus, fresh mushrooms. for nuts, walnuts and almonds. i also used to drink whey protein but I switched to peanut butter powder mixed with unsweetened almond milk.

i avoid soy or tofu (or atleast not part of my regular diet) for health reasons.

@wvcorley varying studies e, overconsumption daw may impact testosterone and/ or fertility.

got the PB Fit (brand) Original from S&R. there's a Chocolate flavor but I haven't tried it yet.