Anything wrong with this routine?

dee1720

I was beginning to get some overuse injuries from the RR and found it was beating me down, as I can already do weighted pullups + dips so it was getting quite tough to get through.I was wondering how this routine looks (3 days per week).

A – Volume (same weights/progressions as workout C, apart from L sit)

Pullup progression – 5 x 5

Pushup progression 5 x 5

Squats 5 x 5

L sits 5 x easy progression

B – Recovery (low intensity)

BW Row Progression – 3 x 8-10

Dips 3 x 8-10

Cable pull throughs/Romanian deads 3 x 8-10

Hanging leg raises 3 x 12

C – Intensity (same weights/progressions as workout A, apart from L sit)

Pullup progression – 3 x 6-8

Pushup progression 3 x 6-8

Squats 3 x 6-8

L sits 3 x hard progression

Thank you in advance.

@dee1720 I was getting overuse injuries from the RR as well and the workouts were just too long for my liking. I'm currently doing a [ Push | Legs | Pull | Rest | Push | Legs | Pull | Rest ] split with a mix of calisthenics and weights and I like it a lot more for a variety of reasons.

I would suggest to just experiment with different splits until you find one that you like. Start with less volume and intensity than you think you need and then gradually add volume and intensity as needed if you aren't getting the results you're looking for. If you start getting early warning signs of overuse injuries, start losing motivation, and/or hit a plateau then take a deload week, reduce volume and intensity the first week after, and then start ramping up intensity and volume again from there if needed.

Unless you're a professional athlete or going for a world record, the best workout program is generally going to be the one that's the most sustainable and enjoyable for you.

@dee1720
I was beginning to get some overuse injuries from the RR and found it was beating me down, as I can already do weighted pullups + dips so it was getting quite tough to get through.I was wondering how this routine looks (3 days per week).

Generally, if the RR is too much there are some common ways to modify it from the FAQ to reduce risk of overuse injuries.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweight....28rr.29_is_too_much_for_me._what_can_i_do.3F

Anything wrong with this routine?

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/faq#wiki_is_my_routine_good.3F

@dee1720 I'd take out the low intensity day and simply recover that day instead. I think that will keep you further away from under-recovering and help you gain better. :D

@dee1720 I would do intensity day at the beginning of the week, then the third day being volume day if following a concurrent setup.

Basically a HLM (heavy light medium)