Beginner advice

skeltor

I'm 18f, 5"4 & abour 60kg. I've never done sports / fitness training before but I've just started going the gym twice a week w a friend.

What I've done both times is the overhead press w just the 15kg bar (5 sets of 5), the leg press (not sure what weight bcoz it's a machine - but 5 sets of 5 then 2 lots of just all I can do), & the shoulder press machine (5 sets or 5 with 12.5kg added)

I was just wondering what advice anyone would have. I want to feel more confident in my body & look better - ik this won't happen straight away but I wondered if anyone could point me on the right track , thanks :)

@skeltor Starting to go to the gym is often the hardest part, so you're already on the right track. Focus on full-body workouts like squats, deadlifts, and rows to target different muscle groups effectively. Prioritize proper form, which you can learn from resources like YouTube channels such as Lean Beef Patty and Renaissance Periodization.

Consider trying the Push/Pull/Legs (PPL) split for a balanced routine:
  • Push: Chest, shoulders, triceps, and quads
  • Pull: Back, biceps, and hamstrings
  • Legs: Additional focus on quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves
Remember, everyone's body responds differently, so play around with the split and workouts to find what works best for you fam.Stay consistent with your workouts and ensure you're eating a balanced diet with enough protein to support muscle growth. Don't forget the importance of rest and recovery for optimal progress. Keep up the good work 💪🏿

Back