Can’t Gain Muscle Mass

wobblybobbly56

Alright guys I really need your opinion/advise on my current situation,I’m a 41 years old male 180 cm / 5 f 10 ,since childhood till 24 yrs old I was 58 kg 127 pounds till I started working office job and I started gaining weight till I’ve reached 96 kg/212 pounds. Then I’ve decided to lose weight 3 years ago by working out and diet now I’m 70 kg/155 pounds and my body looks really plain although I workout constantly / weightlifting no cardio”I hate it” now I’m bulking for the last 4 month with barley nothing noticeable only some belly fat ! I’m eating around 2,500 cal. Clean food for sure. The problem is my wedding is in 3 month and I want to gain muscle mass and then cut! what do you recommend for me to do now?

@wobblybobbly56 Hi there Sadoxer!
What kind of a workout are you doing?
Could you give an indication on how many times per week, and what kind of lifting you do?

2500 calories seems a bit low to consider "bulking" considering your height, but then again there are many variables to consider!

@wobblybobbly56 So I'll start by saying, I'm not an expert at all.
https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/bmr-harris-benedict-equation
By entering your data here, it says you need to eat 2500 calories just to maintain your current weight.
Note, there is no need to "bulk" to build muscle mass, it can even be done on a caloric deficit.

Regarding your workout, from my experience, and what others have said, you want to hit each musclegroup at least twice a week.
It is less important that you spend a lot of time in the gym each time, than for you to train hard while you're actually there.
If you're not seeing any muscle gain, it could be that
1) You're not doing progressive overload and challenging your muscles. You should continually be adding weights to your exercises as you go and your strength improves.
2) You're not eating enough
3) You're not getting enough rest and sleep

It would be useful to see what your diet looks like as well. On an average day, how many grams of protein goes in to your diet?
You say you eat around 2500 calories, how are you measuring that?

I don't mean to come off as harsh, just trying to get a better picture of what you are currently doing!
In my experience, building muscle is not a fast thing, and it is helped immensly by giving your body the right circumstances to do so.

@gerry69 Hello man,
I’ve been doing progressive overload for a while now.
My diet is around 50%C “319 gm”/ 30% P “200 gm”/ 20% F “60 gm”
I sleep a lot.
On rest days I eat my maintenance with very low carb intake
Weekends 2 days cheat days.

I’ll send you my last shoots in chat.
Also I feel like I’m gaining too much fat that I’m considering cutting what do you think?

@wobblybobbly56 Hello!
I'm not sure what the "gm" means, but how are you tracking your calorie and protein intake? Do you use an app for that, and do you weigh all your food?
If you'd be willing to try, I'd recommend maybe a 4 day split for the workout.

I'd recommend to follow Will Tennysons instructions, it's what I do and it is working well for me

@wobblybobbly56 Alright, thanks for the explanation!
I'd recommend following the exercises of the guy in the video I linked, hopefully that might help!

Also, since you're 41 I'm not sure if at that age your testosterone levels might start to fluctuate? I don't know if you've had a blood test lately for that kind of thing, but that could also affect your muscle gains.