Can’t lose weight

@rosiecheeks Thanks! I used to follow The Starch Solution (i.e. starch-rich-foods-based eating), now it has gotten out of hands, but I never cook with oil anyways. I’m not home much (usually at uni or library or work), but I’ll keep some potatoes for snacking for when I am home, thank you ☺️

@irisv007 Starch Solution is definatlly the way to go. If you have a Wendy's around you can get a baked potatoes out and about. I also l am a fan of Subway, I can get a rap at 300 calories and fill it to the brim with veggies and some mustard for a little tang. The calorie density thing was 100% the easiest way for me to figure out how to eat and not be hungry while maintinain a deficit.

@rosiecheeks I think my country doesn’t have Wendy’s. I also haven’t seen many Subways. I can get boiled potatoes from my uni canteen tho (as long as it’s open), I usually go for a vegetable soup tho, because it seems even less calorie density (and eating plain potatoes gets some social judgement, I feel)

@irisv007 Screw judgement your happiness and health are more important. If someone is judging you for eating potatoes I don't think I care what they think of me otherwise either. I do like to add mustard or if I can find saurkraut that hasn't been made with meat it is a great potatoe topping. Also I do Salsa and if i can find a vegan Kimchi; so you don't need to eat them just plain. :)

I think my country doesn’t have Wendy’s. I also haven’t seen many Subways near me. I can get boiled potatoes from my uni canteen tho (as long as it’s open), I usually go for a vegetable soup tho, because it seems even less calorie density (and eating plain potatoes gets some social judgement, I feel)

@irisv007 So...just came by to tell you how I lost a ton of weight on my diet: I tend to eat the same foods all the time, but I eat lightly for the first part of the day (all whole foods, though) and then build a big meal when I'm off work this way:

Huge base of low-calorie, high fiber food (cauliflower rice or lettuces) + protein (generally tofu, for me)

+ 3-4 types of vegetables (my favs are peppers, onion, broccoli, mushrooms, cucumber)

+ sauce (I pretty much just eat 2T vegan butter + nutritional yeast + sriracha on everything now because it's like the magic combination lol).

I generally don't cook my vegetables in a lot of oil, either, and will add half an avocado to my meals about 2-3x a week.

I tend to only eat 1-2 meals a day, too. Not because I'm being restrictive but just because I'm pretty much just always full.

I also run for about an hour 4-5 days a week.

Oh, and if I don't drink a bunch of water, I tend to get stuck at a certain weight for awhile.

Hope that's helpful!