Can’t slim arms (they get bulkier) 😫

@kwellham If your goal is to lose more weight, your arms will start to become slimmer at some point. If you're at your ideal weight already, might just have to learn to embrace them the way they are. No pun intended. ;-)

@kwellham Maybe it’s all that harp playing, angles are known to be pretty muscular. But, in all serious, you definitely can target weight loss, that’s why professional body builders prioritize certain muscles and exercises more than others. I agree with you that bodybuilding may increase arm size and you say that cardio works but is non sustainable. So, it seems the obvious answer would be calisthenics

@kwellham I’m having the same issue and I work really hard on my arms. I especially hate how my underarm fats look like in tank tops. I noticed even when I was skinny as a kid it was always just fat in one spot which is so annoying. I’ve just accepted that this is something no amount of weight loss and exercise can help. So I’m resorting to fat burning injections next month because it’s quite affordable where I live. Sorry if this isn’t what you want to hear.

@kwellham Will definitely update here once I get it. I’m a little scared because I’ve never had any injections/ fillers done. But she recommended 2 injections 10 days apart max. And her client photos seem good so fingers crossed 🤞🏼🤞🏼

@kwellham Update since I ‘tried’ to get fat burning Injections done. Went for my appointment and my aesthetician said they’re not fat they’re water retention. So she gave me an injection to basically reduce bloating and remove water retention. I did see the weight come off for about 2 weeks and then I went to Europe for 3 weeks and just ate pasta and bread. Just weighed myself today and I weigh the same as before holiday which is a shocker but I’m taking the win. Went for a checkup yesterday and we did a comparison. The biggest difference was my arm fat!! aesthetician said she’s happy with my results considering I wasn’t supposed to eat much carbs and it’s all I ate for 3 weeks and to give it a couple more months. No further treatment needed. I’m back to working out now that I’m back from holidays so hoping to see better results. Also should add I did 2 lymphatic drainage massages but I mostly did it because my friend went and told me it felt nice lol

@ramostalaya NO WAY!! what is the injection actually called?? And do you mind giving a rough estimate of the cost? Also, when exactly did you do those lymphatic drainage massages? Before, after, or during the course of the injections?

So happy for you!!

@kwellham Ok it’s mesotherapy injections. That’s all I know it’s called. I’m based in Cambodia and my aesthetician is Eastern European so I think prices may vary if you’re from the US. But the injections cost me 200 dollars. 10 mins tops. One time Procedure only. I did one lymphatic drainage on day 3 after injection then another on day 10 after injection. Massage is only 40 dollars here. So total I’ve spent about 280. I will be going for another lymphatic drainage so 320 for me. I made sure she was certified and all that before I did it tho just to be safe.

@kwellham I had similar issues before. What I did was keep training arms but eat in deficit. Other things that helps me is also solidcore. Solidcore really changed my body in a way that weightlifting couldn’t. I weightlift 5x a week and solidcore once a week.

@kwellham I feel you! When I’m lifting and rowing boats a lot in the summer I get STACKED and people ask if I’m bulking, when I just put on upper body muscle very quickly.
My arms haven’t gotten as big if I don’t have access to weights or aren’t rowing big boats and just stick to calisthenics type exercises like pushups, planks, dips. I also didn’t have big arms when I was a rock climber at the climbing gym 6+ hours a week which I find funny.

@kwellham The only arm workouts I do are bodyweight or with 2 pound weights. Anything heavier or more intense I will start to look thicker there and not lean. It’s just the way my body is built.

I do upper body – bodyweight exercises and go with more weights on my lower body. I look very proportional and lean.

@kwellham Are you working out your triceps? I feel like that working out that area is the most important for arms.

Are you in a deficit? Your growth in bulking should be slow if so.

Have you been lifting long? You often get water retention when you start which makes you look bulkier for the first month.

@kwellham PCOS can be rough, especially when it comes to weight loss and certain weight distribution.

I dont know if you have excess testosterone, which is very normal with PCOS and will often give the characteristics of bigger arms and fat distribution around the abdomen.

Health wise, more muscles are better no matter what. Esthetics, it is sometimes overrated. I'm the opposite of you. I got big legs and stick arms if I only focused on upper body workouts I would see a little change over the course of 4 months with weight training. So maybe focusing on lower body only?