Can’t stop binging carbs after I’ve started heavier strength exercises?

nannyo12

Title is pretty explanatory. (20yo/F/5’6/160lbs) I track my calories and macronutrients and I was trying to cut 300 calories but college has me stressed so I’m taking it easy by eating my maintenance calories. I’m not doing as much cardio because my asthma is reacting to the changing of seasons, so I’ve increased strength exercises. I normally do stuff at home or only use a couple machines, but now I spend a good 45 minutes or so working upper and lower body. I just started this Monday and I haven’t been able to stop craving carbs?? Bread, chips, cereal, etc. I usually only eat 80g of carbs a day, I’m allergic to gluten so no wheat, and I stay away from processed food. Now, that’s all I want to eat! My period isn’t due for 9 days so I don’t think it’s PMS, but is it normal to crave carb and starchy things when you increase strength exercises? (If so I’ll gladly stick to my gluten free rotini 😏)

Edit: ok I ate some of the carbs I’ve been craving before my workout today and noticed I had a LOT more energy. My inclined jog was sustained easier. Post workout, instead of only two hard boiled eggs, I also had 6 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties and I haven’t had any cravings 6 hours later. Thank you, everyone, for replying!!!

Back