Can a beginner join on 7-11 Run

jamief1990

As on the title, can a beginner join to 7-11 Run. I dont plan to get the cash prizes or to win. I just want the experience.

My fitness level is average, able to bike a ride for not exceeding on 150km, average speed on flats (25-30km/h). i can finish climbs on (revpal, 7 lakes loop) with few rests. did some weight training. but not consistent. im a skinny fat (6'1ft 72kg). i also love to walk (5km or up)

Any tips or reco for preparing the run?

Thank you.

update: i tried 5KM. it took me for 39mins to complete. now i cant wait to break it on 7-11 run.

@jamief1990 of course you can! it's a question of what your distance and time targets are.

start with a couch to 5k program, or even a ouch to 10k program.

remember that running is a LOOOOT more impactful than biking, and so, make sure you put in a lot of recovery (stretch, foam roll, yoga) habits :)

@jamief1990 Dont forget to establish conditioning exercise not just the jog itself. Preparing your mind and body for the run. By the way gonna run dn don. See you there👍😂

@jamief1990 yes!!! i am a newbie, myself but my boyfriend and his family signed me up for a 10k marathon and i was able to do it although i was tired af bc i was out of shape HAHAHAH!! Pero masaya talaga, OP. gaurrr for it

@jamief1990 u can!! i did great up run last year 10km tas i have no proper training hehe. sama sama lang ako sa friend k na nagmamarathon and nahikayat kaya na challenge k sarile ko. i’m overweight at pinaka malayo ko 2km straight run tas may tigil tigil din. I did 10km for 2 hrs ofc may tigil tigil to catch my breath hehe ;)