Can cut affect height growth?

jrlthinks

TLDR: If I (18M, 9% bf, 5'6" 168cm, 127 pounds or 57,5 kg) start to cut, can it affect my short height growth potencial until my 20s?

Hi, I (18M) am starting to hit the gym 5x times a week. Since now I'm in vacation, I do have plenty of time to foccus in the gym and do cardio that I love. However there's a big question that comes to my mind:
  • As a short guy (1,68 m; 5'6") with an okay body fat (around 9%), if I cut can I affect my short height growth potencial until I reach my 20s?
This question came to my mind since there's plenty of advice around the internet to have a diet more rich in more healthy fats (such as olive oil, peanuts...) and as someone who it's diet is mainly based in simple carbs and protein that really sounds like a great advice. Still, fats contains lot of calories and sometimes even empty calories that are even worse, which makes part of me believe that I might actually work like a bulking program.

When it comes to self-steem I'm really looking foward to have more muscle definition and more notice

@jrlthinks I wouldn’t test it out. Stay the course. If you reach 20-21 and you haven’t grown then it’s safe to say that you’ve maxed out and it would be smart to cut.

Back