Compression pants...virus or cW-X

gospelbluesman7

With the recent posts on CrossFit gear wishlists, I noticed that many recommend compression pants. As a runner, I already own several pairs of CW-X compression pants. I firmly believe that compression pants aid in recovery from longer distance running and I can see the potential benefits from using compression pants on heavy squat days.

My question is whether or not the Virus brand is that much better than CW-X. As a gear whore, I don't mind getting another pair of compression pants but only if they are better than what I currently have in the CW-X brand.

@arch20 Compression gear won't make you lift heavier. MAYBE it'll help you with muscular endurance. Personally, I don't think so.

However, IMHO, it will help you recover faster and feel less sore.

@gospelbluesman7 I just bought a pair of cw-x pants. They were great for a very SHORT TIME for recovery and my symptoms of POTS. I would say if you are not lanky and tall, they might work for you. I found their hi-rise and lower leg cut to be too short too for my body. They actually ripped the first week, I used them, so I wouldn’t recommend them due to their durability and lack of customer service. I wish a more customer friendly brand made them better.

Back