Consistency v. Obsession

@lilmateo Maybe it’s a good thing for you . Maybe people think you’re egotistical, maybe they think you’re conceited , you’ve no idea what anyone thinks deep down inside. Maybe , maybe. But do you what you need and tell yourself what you want to get by man.

@susiejeanne Good for you. If you don't have that kind of dedication, your fitness/strength will start to suffer. You have to make firm/hard boundaries to ensure you're meeting your promises to yourself. Otherwise you will only find weakness, both mentally and more importantly, physically eg strength loss.

If you make a promise to swim twice a week, swim twice a week. I would also recommend a home gym to fill in the gaps for life scheduling compromises, if you don't have one. That way you can work out, say, when you get back from the movies or whatever. This has been helpful to me. I once basically had 2 gym memberships AND a home gym haha.

@jacobus7522 Thanks for your motivating words.
I actually already do my strength and cardio sesiones at home, as the gyms here suck lol. I only have a few sets of dumbells but it covers my needs (and compared to how I felt after working out at an actual gym, I somehow achieve more?)

Back