Copyright/legal Q

@10trouble13 Correct, you can’t just take copywriter work, but (1) you should always site where you got a work/workout if you didn’t write it yourself, and (2) the likelihood that they come after you for reposting a workout or workouts for no financial gain while properly giving credit where credit is due, is unlikely.

It’s all about the money. If the OP just wants to post all the WODs in a document and say, “these are all from CrossFit.com, enjoy!” Is essentially the same thing as posting a link to the website.

@chickenlittle Yeah, thanks for verifying that I'm correct. You can't copyright a workout but your comment could be taken the wrong way...there is a common problem with people thinking they can just link where they got it or say "all rights to the copyright holder."

@10trouble13 I understand that. The comment was a response to the OPs question and not intended to be legal advice of any kind or a blanket statement about the rampant copy-write infringements and intellectual property theft that happen on social media every day. Whether you believe me or not, you and I are on the same page.

@klara123 A WOD would be similar to a recipe. You can’t copyright a recipe...you might be able to trademark a name for a WOD, if you care up with it, but I don’t see why anyone would waste their money doing that.

Back