CrossFit Filthy 150 - Sunday Discussion Thread

jonjones229

[h4]/filthy150[/h4]

The open is said and done and we're on to sanctional season. Sorry for the late thread, I spaced a bit

Workouts

Leaderboard

Official Livestream

Morning Chalkup Stream

Friday Schedule

Saturday Schedule

Sunday Schedule

Event 7: trek Run

Event start at 12:00 UTC+1/06:00 ET*

For time

4km bike

1km run

Event 8 – Sisyphus

Event start at 15:15 UTC+1/09:15 ET

4 rounds for time:

30 cal bike

25 toes to bar

20m sandbag cleans

Event 9 – Squared and Rooted

Event Start at 18:15 UTC+1/12:15 ET

TBA​

If you would like anything added please do not hesitate to fire me off a message. If you're going to be covering the event and would like your coverage included in the post, please do the same.

@pixey I hope so too!

Il be honest I didn’t enjoy watching him at Regional competitions - not sure what to be honest,

But seeing him live at this weekend he was brilliant!! It was great to see him push and the finish of the final event with Tim Paulson was amazing!!! He’s a real character

@pixey He is a great athlete, and I hope he does too. But when he first came on the scene at regionals a few years ago, it felt like he was this unknown mystery person who could challange for the title. Now we know he is super super fit, but he is not that podium person.

@susan67 I think it was more of a Swedish accent and I was actually pretty impressed with it for Swedish/Danish/Norwegian names. For others it didn’t really work as you said.

@susan67 Mads has been doing that for at least 5-6 years of announcing the European regionals and other stuff overseas. Annoying AF. He's definitely mute-worthy. It's like he's in a competition with himself to pronounce each name as the locals would in the person's home gym.

Competition was incredibly boring anyway. I just came into this thread to see if anyone else was throwing shade his way.

@be_a_light It's not "butchering" to pronounce syllables in the English fashion if announcing the event in English. It's just distracting as hell to switch from pronouncing things in English to trying to ape the neighborhood-perfect dialect for every name in the competition.

@susan67
Doesn't sound too far off to me, but he definitely adds a sort of swedish accent to it. The thing is, us people from non english speaking/sounding countries often "anglify" our names when speaking to an english speaking audience. That is why you often hear the "Davids-Daughter" or "Sigmunds-Daughter" and so on. But they would never say their names like that back home in Iceland.

He does the Danish, Swedish and Norwegian names pretty good for sure. Finnish, German and French seems ok by my ears, but I'm no expert on those. Spanish/latin names sounds ok as well. Eastern european ones I have no idea. :)

Back