CrossFit Filthy 150 - Sunday Discussion Thread

@susan67 He is a Dane living in Sweden so his way of pronouncing the names I would say is the correct way. Wether it should be Dottir or dotter could be discussed, dottir is the Icelandic way and dotter the Swedish/Danish way.

@paul999 Ahh, that makes more sense, and explains why he pronounced the German names so well. Just seemed like he had a bizarre twang for the Scandinavians... Which seems odd for a Dane.

@little_sparrow There were a few of them in the first heat alright, they seemed to be the same people that couldn’t handstand walk either and struggled with the heavy strict press

@av1 I found it really exciting to watch! A no rep would really cause a difference and seeing different strategies was interesting aswell,

The weaker athletes lifting it though not so great to watch - my lower back was sore just watching

@shallow They should really do this with the bags used at the Arnold in 2018.. much safer for their backs. They have a handle, and could use like a really heavy kettle bell swing pretty much.

@chiole disagree a bit. seems like sara is going full send with great effort. holte on the otherhand is right there, composed and effortless. very impressed with her. she's got another gear that, for whatever reason, she is choosing not to use.

edit: just watched sara's interview after the last event. it might be that she's learned nothing about peaking. sort of like last year, she is at her best in sanctionals and then crashes...or, is at her best in sanctionals, does not crash, and that level is simply not good enough. i'll make anyone a gentleman's bet that holte beats her at the games again.

Back