Cutting cals..

showtimekid13

Hi! I’m wondering about the correct number of cals to cut from my diet. I’m 4’10 and 53.5kg (117lbs) At the moment my AMR is around 1730 a day so I’ve been on a cal intake of around 1000-1200 cals per day. I want to drop around 6-7 more lbs. Honestly, my sleep is getting affected but I’m still dropping weight. I was wondering if I increased to 1250-1300 per day I’d still drop weight? I also exercise around 5-6x p/w
Thanks!

@showtimekid13 You should always try to aim for eating the most amount if calories while still being able to lose, not the least. If eating 1000 calories is affecting your ability to function, you need to eat more.

@showtimekid13 I think you gotta find the balance between losing weight at a reasonable rate and sufficiently fueling your body. You might lose just a LITTLE slower but it would still be close to a pound a week and if you feel better with a little more calories then you absolutely should eat more. You are only talking about upping your calories by 100 more than the high end of your range so I don’t think it would slow your progress that much, especially with how much you workout. Do itttt!

Thanks! I think you’re all right. I’m gonna aim for 1200-1250 a day rather than 1000 and hope that my sleep improves and I’m still creating a decent enough deficit. Even with a higher cal breakfast this morning I think I’m feeling a bit better for it 😊

@showtimekid13 You really shouldn’t eat less than 1200 a day regularly even if you’re a super shortie. I’m 5’ and will accidentally get around 1000 on occasion but not habitually by any means.

Back