DEXA Results: 30F, 119.5 lbs, 5'2'', 28.4% Body Fat

aldredian

Hi! My first time posting here so I appreciate all of you reading this!

I got my second Dexa scan today!

DEXA results

Body Photos from 4 weeks ago, NSFW

2/2/19
2/27/19
Change compared to prev

Total Mass (lbs)

Lean (lbs)
+2.3

Fat (lbs)
Body Fat % 30.8 28.4 -2.4
Visceral Fat (lbs)

Android Fat %

Gynoid Fat %

A/G Ratio

DEXA Body Region PBF vs fat/lean mass

Body Fat %
Fat (lbs)
Lean (lbs)

Arms

Legs

Trunk

Android

Gynoid

Background

I'm 30, Asian, Female. I have an office (desk) job, so mostly sedentary throughout the day. However, I'm very consistent with working out 6-7 times a week at F45 every morning. This includes 3 cardio sessions, 3 strength/weights/resistance sessions, and 1 combined cardio + strength workout a week. I probably burn about 250-300 calories from each workout.

I recently participated in the F45 8 week challenge and am currently mid challenge (4 weeks in). I have lost 2.4% body fat, gained 2.3 lb in lean tissue and lost 3.1 lb in fat tissue.

Eating

For lunch and dinner, I follow the F45 meal plans religiously. Each meal is about 350calories and is usually protein heavy.

For breakfast, I try to stay around the 350 calorie range with some combination of:
  • 3 egg whites (60cal, 10g protein)
  • 1 medium banana (100cal, 25g carb)
  • Muscle milk (100cal, 20g protein)
  • Chicken skewers (150cal, 24g protein)
  • Kellogs special k Crustless quiche (170cal, 11g protein)
  • Miso soup with 1oz cremini mushrooms (less than 100 cal, minimal protein but fills my tummy)
For snacks, I try to stick to some combination of:
On a daily basis, I stick to somewhere between 1200-1300 calories.

Goal

My goal for the 8 week challenge is to lose 5% body fat. With the results from the mid challenge scan, I'm on track to reach that goal in the next 4 weeks. However, I dont really know if I'm doing it "right".

Questions
  1. I'm not sure how to set a goal for muscle/ fat/ weight combination. I just know that I want to get to around 24% or 25% body fat, with some combination of losing fat and gaining muscle, but I'm not sure what's the ideal way to achieve that with my current body comp.
  2. Is my goal of losing another 2.5% body fat in the next 4 weeks realistic? If not, what should I expect for the next 4 weeks/ how long should I expect to take to lose another 2.5% bf?
  3. The trainer at my gym recommended that I eat around 1500 calories. I wanted to get a second opinion on this. I do feel hungry quite a bit and try to go to bed early to curb the hunger. How many calories should I be eating per day? (I'm not sure what my TDEE is. Am I considered sedentry or moderate exercise? It ranges from 1400-1900 cal)
    1. I set my current macro goals at 40%/30%/30% P/F/C. Does this seem right?
  4. What else should I be looking out for apart from just body fat %?
  5. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but how do you tell between loose skin vs fat? If you look at my picture (front), I dont know if that is loose skin or fat :/ For context: I have lost about 50lb gradually over the past 10 years and sustained it.
Thank you for your help!

@aldredian I really can't be of much help on your questions, but I still wanted to post and tell you that I'm really proud of you!

Four weeks isn't a very long time at all in the scheme of things, but when you're constantly trying to do the right things and eat the right things, it can seem like forever - but you're doing it!

@aldredian Great progress on the bf%! I just wanted to thank you for posting, because I have a similar shape to you - and it's rare to see on Reddit. Those pictures were taken before your last DEXA scan, right? Do you have pics from your latest scan?

Regarding how many calories you should be eating: I would use an online calculator at "sedentary" and then add the number of calories burned through daily exercise to get your maintenance calories.

Apart from bf%, take some measurements (waist, bust, hips) to track your progress.