Dosas 1400 burned calories sound right?

thethao247h

My fitness tracker says I burned 1400 cal yesterday and I wanted to know if anybody could guess how much it was off ?
Stats f18, 177, 60kg

What I did:
2x 15 km cycle at 19km/h
9000 steps
70 minute upper body weight lifting
70 min lower body weight lifting.

At the end of the day I ate 2500 cal and I want to know if I actually did any damage or if I burned those cal anyways.

@thethao247h If you’re concerned about your Bodyweight then the only way to know for sure is to measure your Bodyweight over an extended period of time, and see whether the weekly average changes.

Trying to do it by calculation is not feasible because every number you get is an estimate based on a population of people.

When tracking Bodyweight consider that your period can affect your water retention, and various other factors too, such as how many carbs or how much fibre you ate in the last couple of days. Stress levels from training and life can also affect this. So assessing a weekly average is important, and important to expect sudden changes in weight over the course of any given few days.

@thethao247h I’d say it’s probably pretty close. I don’t know how to track the weight lifting side, but I’m an avid runner and a fairly new cyclist. I consistently burn about 100 calories per mile of running, and find cycling is about half that. Based on that, your cycling should’ve burned around 900 calories alone. Between the walking and the lifting, it seems pretty close.

@thethao247h Honestly, it may be in the ballpark, but it's ultimately irrelevant.

If you want to lose weight, track your calories, track your weight and see what happens in 2 weeks. Adjust your calories accordingly. Trying to tracked calories burned is just a fools errand and that number shouldn't be used in any kind of calculation

Back