F/37/5'5/205lbs- I need a fitness plan

@tamtamrod At your current stage a lot of these people hit it on the head with just getting out and walking, or walking on that treadmill when it arrives. As far as finding your TDEE and such now, you mentally aren’t that far yet (Rome wasn’t built in a day) along with your Mediterranean style, just go on the notion of if you don’t prepare it yourself don’t eat it.

@tamtamrod Any long answer is likely the wrong answer. Start slow and don’t take on too many changes at once. Set some approachable goals and build on them. Start with walking/body weight exercises and build on them each week. Be easy on yourself and focus on improving your diet prior to cutting calories. Get real about what you’re consuming and make changes from there.

@tamtamrod A lot of really great advice here. I just wanted to mention you are not "so far gone" - you and your mind are doing everything to protect you during a difficult time. Reaching out for advice is an extremely difficult step and you should be extremely proud.

Whenever I have obtrusive thoughts about my own self-worth I think about what I would tell a friend going through something similar. My guess is you would be extremely sympathetic to a friend in your situation and you deserve that same love and consideration.

@tamtamrod I’ve given these recommendations to a few other people but the MAPS programs (made by the Mind Pump podcast guys), stuff by Jeff Nippard and stuff by Coach Eugene Teo and his Ganbaru Method app are all good options. Some women (and men I guess) also like the programs by Brett Contreras as they are often focused on glutes.

I think the Ganbaru Method (app with many programs made by Coach Eugene Teo) is perfect for your situation as it has LOTS of options for plan styles to fit your individual preferences and schedule and equipment. The plans also have great videos showing and explaining everything in detail.

The app does have a whole diet and nutrition side to it that is supposed to be very good and helpful, but I have not used that part. When I have done cuts/diets I have used the MacroFactor app and it has been extremely helpful for me. I can recommend that HANDS DOWN as the best thing I did to help get my diet figured out.

@tamtamrod Any trending diet you’re hopping on ask yourself if thats something you see yourself doing for the rest of your life because fitness is a lifestyle not a quick fix. Thats just my piece of advice and training can start small like 3 days at the gym or home workout , upper body, lower and full body

@tamtamrod Don’t overcomplicate it. I recommend fasting, OMAD (one meal a day) and/or taking two or three days per week off food. As long as you’re lifting some weights and walking an hour per day at the same time you’re good to go. Focus on whole foods and lots of protein on other days. You’ll lose a couple of pounds of fat per week and your depression will lighten up as you do.

@david300 Yikes, I don't know, I really like to eat food. I feel like that would only feed into my occasional binge eating habit. I would probably do best with eating small meals, moderate protein, several times a day while heavy lifting.