Female lifter squats 496lbs at 182lbs body weight

I cringed when I saw it because it happens to me all the time. She pulled it off without collapsing, though.

@casapollo NeuroCore means to try spreading your feet while squatting. Your feet will be planted and won't (hopefully) actually move, but the cue will hopefully drive your knees wider. The width of knees will increase torque upon your hip/femur and give you more stability into and out of the hole. Depending on your stance width, it may just be easier to remind yourself to drive your knees out wide as you descend into your squat.

@jessika28 Spreading the floor -- I've been trying to focus on driving my knees out for a while, but I'm not that good at it. Spreading the floor worked! Kept my stance (and knees) stable instead of all collapsey.

@casapollo As you're coming out of the hole, imagine that you have to literally spread the floor out but pushing your feet out. Try it without the weight. When you "spread" the floor, your knees will push outward.

@dawn16 When she was coming out of the hole? Yeah, a bit. Your form will almost always break down to some extent on a one rep max. Not really that dangerous though.