Finally lost my first 10lbs!

regadoo

5’1. SW: 131.6 | GW: 110 | CW: 121.6

I’m about halfway to my goal and could not be more excited! My progress was slow and steady as I started on May 1 and weighed in this morning on Dec 1. It took me 7 months to lose 10lbs and I was worried at first because it felt like it was taking so long compared to others here.

But then again… I was still able to indulge on weekends and vacations, drink socially, and eat dessert every day :) Despite the scale moving so gradually, I realized that I just can’t sacrifice my mental health and the pleasures of life haha. Slow and steady is the way to go for me and I’m excited to continue on this journey!

Huge shoutout to this sub which I’ve gotten so much motivation and tips from. Y’all inspire me!!

@regadoo Good for you! What changes did you make (exercises, meals) that helped you lose the weight? I’m also 5’1 and GW is around 110 but I had a baby in late May and pregnancy weight gain was 40 lbs, I’m around 123 right now but progress is sooo slow.

@dwizzy Thank you! The biggest thing for me was CICO and making sure I hit within the 1200-1400 range. I pay attention to protein but my main priority is always calories. I’ve found that 2 large meals and 1 snack + dessert keeps me satiated. I’m pretty strict during the week but lax on the weekend and just try to be mindful of my choices!

Developing a love for moving my body has helped as well. I used to be sedentary and sometimes even did less than 1k steps a day. Now, I workout at least 5 days a week and try to aim for 5-10K steps daily. I do strength training 1-3x a week, pilates 1-3x a week, and incorporate cardio/running as well. I don’t have a strict workout routine but just aim to move my body for at least 30 mins a day. Getting a walking pad since I work from home most days has helped immensely. For me it’s been about finding exercises I enjoy!

Lastly, here are two things I saw that helped me more immediately:
1. Not including exercise calories burnt in CICO
2. Walking more (~10K steps daily)

Good luck! I totally hear you on slow progress. You got this!

@regadoo same! i'm currently 125-130 lbs and am trying to get down to 110-115. I've been eating 1200 calories, focusing on protein. i tried eating 1200 calories a few months ago and was miserable. i felt drained and tired all the time and constantly hungry. I focused on cardio back then and didn't really focus on protein, which i learned keeps me full and satiated throughout the day.

i work from home, so i was pretty sedentary, but now i go on daily walks throughout the day, strength train 3 days a week and pilates on the off days. i aim for 8-10k steps a day. i haven't been doing it very long, but i feel so much better already. :)

@regadoo Ah this is so inspiring! I totally agree, I don’t want to make changes that make me feel like I’m missing out on life. I don’t have a time limit on my weight loss so slow and steady is the way to be! Congrats!

@regadoo Yes! This is how it’s done! It took me about 5 months to lose 10 lbs but like you said, have been able to maintain it because there’s room for the fun treats and drinks. I still worked hard and felt similarly that I wasn’t losing quickly enough, but in retrospect not sacrificing my mental health was priceless.

@regadoo Wow amazing!! That must’ve been so hard!!
I am 5’2 SW 151 back in June but I finally got to 139 :’) it’s tough work and only gets tougher as you go further down the scale - so congrats :)

@regadoo Especially for petites, it has to be slow and steady so you’re doing great! Our weight won’t shed as quickly as those who can eat more than 1500 calories on a cut. Just the truth! It took me most of this year to lose 6 lbs.