Fitness Plan Questions

artemislogic

I’m currently 24% body fat according to the US Navy calculator. My goal is to get under 20%. I’ve downloaded myfitness pal and to track my calories. In addition to making adjustments to my diet, I’ll be rowing and have a set of resistance bans to use. I understand that my goal will mostly be achieved through diet. With that in mind….

Would it be more effective to row three days a week M, W, F (15-20 mins easy rowing then 15-20 min higher intensity/HITT type workouts) and on T/Th go through a resistance bands/body weight exercise routine (20-30 mins). Or more effective to row for 15-20 minutes then use the bands/body weight exercises (15-20 mins) M-F.

I’m not worried about gaining muscle mass, don’t want to lose any either. For the last year, I’ve got into a good habit of rowing 4-5 times a week. Exercising is in my schedule, it’s now time to dial in my diet choices and figure out how best to use the exercise routine to enhance/maximize my diet.

@artemislogic If the goal is a body fat percentage, just focus on being in a caloric deficit. The working out part doesn’t really matter. Just get in what you enjoy and you can make yourself do even though you are hungry

@artemislogic I don't believe there will be a meanful difference between the 2 plans you described. Increasing the amount of time exercising is going to help you burnore calories though.