For Olympic lifts, do those who lift impressive numbers ever get impressed by people who lift substantiallyrics less?

@harrantion I'm impressed with anyone who lifts with great form and puts forth dedicated effort. Are big numbers cool? Sure, but a ugly big number is not as impressive to me as a lesser one with solid technique.

@hawleyray Yes!!! This 💯

If you lift a lot w bad form im watching in horror, but a lift with good form is impressive no matter the weight. And if you can do a lift w good form you know you have the potential to go higher safely

@harrantion I’m impressed with each and everyone of my members who make the time in their busy lives to stay physically active for their own health but also the dividends it pays on community things like cheaper insurance rates due to less claims. Only 11% of the population exercises on a consistent basis, so I’m thankful for those at my gym who come 4-6 days per week, knowing 99% of them have kids, jobs, etc like every other “regular” person.

My goal with athletes when we Olympic lift is to push them to the limits of their technique but also recognize true strengthening happens during our power lifts (squat/press/dead) and that Olympic lifting is an expression of strength and technique. It is also an alternate way to train physical qualities like power in a way that introduces variance. We could train triple extension by doing box jumps everyday but that wouldn’t be very smart (or fun).

In my opinion as a coach, your numbers are very impressive for a CrossFit athlete considering most athletes following traditional CrossFit programming will only be Olympic lifting a few days per month.

As an Olympic weightlifting coach, your snatch should be closer to your clean and if your clean is that high, your clean and jerk should be higher. Your numbers tell me you have, relatively, very strong legs compared to moderate overhead strength. It also tells me that you might have a mobility deficit in the shoulder limiting your front rack or overhead position or both.

@harrantion Always thrilled for some one to PR, whether they lift more or less than I do. I go to open gym and I see some people working on the same things for months. When it finally pays off? It makes me so happy