Genuine question (Beginner)

mitchelle

Hi! I recently made a resolution wherein I will start to commit working out this 2024. Although I already started "warming-up" last december of 2023, I wanted to be serious this time. But as a starter, I have a question.

Is it necessary to focus on "specific muscles" routine schedule per day? E.g Monday is Chest day, Tuesday is Back, etc. and does that go on for a couple of months? (Like, for the first 3 months, Mondays are ONLY for chest days), or is it okay to rotate? Because up until now, I'm using an app to help me workout at home (like a starter before I hit up the gym), and the exercises that the app uses changes each day e.g. Monday is chest, thursday is chest, next monday are abs, then Thursday are legs etc, sometimes they are combined as well like Abs and Chest are the same day, then the next day is Chest and Arms.

I'm getting concerned that I might regret not sticking up to one schedule in the future because of what I see on the internet and their routines. Any thoughts on this one?

@mitchelle No, the bro split is not and end all be all nor should you strive to do it. However frequency and consistency is key.

So come up with a plan on days you can actually do this. Other wise you are just gunna waste your time and fall off the horse.

You can combine chest and back in the same workout day. As you will find in many 4 day splits or even 3 day full body. Best bet is to find out what you have available

Back