German gymnastics team, tired of 'sexualisation,' wears unitards at Tokyo Olympics

acer621

Considering the way that female gymnasts have been sexualised in the past and the horrific crimes of Larry Nassar in the United States, I think this is a fantastic step forward. I hope that other countries take this up, or at least give female gymnasts the option of wearing a unitard moving forward.

Article here

@acer621 This actually kind of sucks to me

I don't need to sexualize anything and everything. When I see athletes (male or female) competing, I prefer more "revealing" outfits.

For me, part of the enjoyment of watching is seeing the muscles of their bodies. Like, these men and women have sculpted their bodies into works of art.

Why does everything have to be ruined by pervs?

@acer621 Wow I was just thinking about this the other day - why the gymnastics uniforms are so revealing for women. I definitely thought sexualization was a part of it but then thought that it might have to do with flexibility and not wanting any fabric to impede motion. Although if that’s the case - who really needs that high of a cut that you’re a couple of centimeters away from showing EVERYTHING?

Back