Gone to the gym 4 days a week for 1 month

acharytejarao

Hello! I am a 31M and I just started going to the gym after about a decade of laziness. I am 6' 1" and one month ago I weighed 275 lbs. Today I weigh 265 lbs. and have put on some decent muscle. I haven't really been dieting but I am careful of my portions a lot more that I was in the past. It amazes me now how much I enjoy going to the gym. I go with 2-3 friends and we workout together so that was an amazing way to start imo! So far our rotation is chest, back, legs, arms but I've been thinking of also adding in cardio every other day for an hour if I can get the time.

Are there any particular YouTube channels you would recommend relating to weightlifting and fitness? Or possibly some other forms of media?

@acharytejarao Hey mate, im in the same boat as you. Been hitting the gym 6times a week for almost 6 months now.
Id say use all Tools at your disposal. Some youtubers are really good, some are just trying to sell you garbage. I did my own Research and improved my Routine gradually.

My biggest mistake was to skip cardio. It made me Lose fat faster and feel a lot better. The Stairmachine can push you very far.

Watch out for the noob gains tho. The progress in the beginning is insane and the Drops fairly quickly.

Good luck :)