Hello! Sorry if this isn’t allowed ; I’m looking for an app recommendation

michellep12

Like the title says I really want to get into fitness! Specifically yoga/stretching in some ways.

I’m not a “fat” person but I’m SUPER not a fit person haha - I have done bare minimum PE levels of exercise because I think I’m bad at it.

So what I’m hoping to find is something (free hopefully) that will do step by steps with me, something that is for as beginner as possible (if you think a class of 3rd graders who were adult sized could do it I can probably do it lol), and something that also helps me keep track of progress.

If I’m being too picky I’m sorry! Any help or tips Is super appreciated❤️ thank you in advance❤️❤️

edit ; please comment here with suggestions so other can use them a well if this is searched. I attempted to search before I made my post and only found posts about fitbod which is a paid for app. My situation unfortunately does not allow for me to pay for apps atm so while fitbod works for a lot of people I am afraid it will not work for me. Thank you for the suggestion but please do not use this post as an excuse to pm me ☺️ I would love to keep all fitness conversations to this post if possible please❤️

@michellep12 YouTube! There's a bunch of beginners workout videos! For example, Yoga with Adriene and even plant fitness is creating workout videos from home! It helps you feel more motivated as someone else is doing it with you!

Hope that helps!

@erikplatte Thank you! It does! I have a video I watch now for some yoga I was just hoping to dig further with a bit more bumpers attached if that makes sense haha

But worse comes to worst my current plan is to fall down a YouTube rabbit hole and download some random apps lol

@michellep12 "Youtube rabbit hole" - that was my problem! I would browse and browse to find a workout I liked, and after 30 min I had found it, but I was already past my motivation. So I'd just plan it for the next day. Or whenever. And I'll end up skipping workouts.

I mean, wouldn't it be great if you can just choose your level, duration, type of workout, and get the video somehow?

There's an app for that actually, and it's free :) You can check out the fitness coach by JumpyCat if you're on iOS. Good luck!