Help structuring macros

kishanugen

Hey everyone, I’m looking for some help with my cut. Im 31 a Y.O M Currently 5’8 250. If I’m probably sitting at 30% body fat. I know I need to cut. Idk how to structure my macros for said cut. My ultimate goal is to compete. Would appreciate help and tips.

@kishanugen Figure out your TDEE, calculate a 500 calorie deficit to start, then figure out protein. 1g/lb of fat free mass (or 1g/lb of goal weight) should do it. Carbs and fat as otherwise works for you, so long as you aren’t dipping below say 50g of fat. There’s other ways to do it of course, but this will give you a pretty good start.

@kishanugen 220 is a solid intermediate goal. You’ll probably ultimately need to get under 190 to compete. I’m your height and competed at 190, but I’m also on TRT now and did Men’s Physique. No upper limit on fat, really, just depends on how much you need carbs to function/have energy. Also, you will want to eat your veggies, which do have carbs.

@dawn16 Thanks for that. I’m glad that I’m on point with my intermediary goal. I was playing around with the math and was thinking’s the same number for competition weight. Do you use Chronometer? I’m trying to not miss setting the app up right lol.