Here’s what I’m doing to fix my APT

fumbling_foo

I made a decision a short time ago to cut my strength work outs to one a week and to prioritise fixing my APT instead. Long story short: I don’t have the time to do strength three times a week, as well as cardio to shift these last few pounds of belly, as well as being able to get a high amount of protein on low calories, and still manage to live a sane daily life. Obviously I want to fix my APT as quickly as I can do I can drop all that and work out a lot again.

——————————
So here’s what I do, roughly three times a week (many links say do this daily):

After a short session of foam rolling, I do a couple of ~20s stretches for my quads: a lunge stretch, that foot propped up behind me to stretch the rectus femoris, and a few reps of cat and cow stretches.

Three sets of dead bugs x 20

Three sets of 30s glute bridge holds

Three sets of planks with posterior pelvis aiming for one minute each.

—————————————

At night I have taken to putting a pillow under my knees, or to sleep on my side with my knees tucked up toward my chest. I normally sleep on my front, which I’m trying not to do now.

During the day and at work, which is very sedentary, I have taken to standing up every 15 minutes and squeezing my buttcheeks together a few times. This isn’t an exercise, I’m just showing off to Carol on the desk behind me.

I’m also trying, when walking around, to tilt my pelvis forward - though only to neutral rather than posterior - and to brace my abs. Don’t know if this does anything, but as long as I’m not in APT my body will adapt, right?

——————————————

QUESTIONS
Thanks for making it this far.
How does this look in general?

Should I do those exercises daily?
I
Any advice on holds/reps/completely different things?

I get that APT is caused by weak muscles here and tight muscles there. But if we apply the concept of sets, reps and volume for strength training to our abs for APT, is sets of 20 (typically endurance) the right way, and doesn’t the body need a rest day?

@fumbling_foo Hmm, while I think most of the things you are doing looks right, but might be too advance too fast. Dead bugs, planks and bridge requires you to find your neutral pelvic tilt.

Can you like on the floor and isolate your pelvic up and down to max range without moving any other part of your body?

Try to do slowly and see if you can recruit the right muscles. Most people pop their ribs out while going through the motion or hold tension in the neck or back. Now sync the breathe with the movement.

If this is good, you should try to replicate this on all fours and standing, again isolate the movement so only your pelvic moves. Find neutral and brace, and breathe.

Can you do this easily? Can find neutral pelvic tilt while standing sitting and lying? If yes then move on to other exercises for sure. Hope this helps!

@fumbling_foo I'm a bot, bleep, bloop. Someone has linked to this thread from another place on reddit:
[sup]If you follow any of the above links, please respect the rules of reddit and don't vote in the other threads.[/sup] [sup](Info[/sup] [sup]/[/sup] [sup]Contact)[/sup]

I’m not a beginner; I’ve been BWF for a couple of years (and active here but my lastaccountgotlocked) and I can hold hollow holds, pistol squats, etc. I can move my pelvis, and make sure my back is flat when I do all movements.

I can find neutral pelvis, but isn’t that the point of all these exercises, so that neutral is default?

Back