Here are the CORRECT Strong Curves workouts in GoogleDocs Excel form. Color Coded and with images. The first 4 week of Booty-ful Beginnings

byhisgrace

EDIT: November 2021: I DEEPLY regret deleting my things, I ran out of room in my stupid google drive, and I didnt realize people still looked at this it had been so long! So, here are new ones. They arent as detailed as the other ones (those had pictures), but this is what I have left, still have weeks 1-8 it looks like.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NTU18VEASdavLJRiBf5E4dBO3-3TR0MJN6jE7DiqgqU/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Mon @ 1:55pm, sorry currently fixing and adding some things to Weeks 1-4

Weeks 1-4: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTZ98I2ANNw35CYuFdMBBXiJaP17S0ZXZYedQ6B__1Y/edit?usp=sharing

Weeks 5-8: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UZpR9V9Lc9tFTLtiohlnOyuDw/edit#gid=1218201050
  • This is almost to a T the exact Booty-ful Beginnings workout structure (differences and explanations listed below). I just redid what someone else posted but almost everyone's were changed somehow and I really wanted to do the workout correctly first, then maybe switch things as I got comfortable
  • Research the moves first, the pics are just for reference.
  • "Bodyweight/Dumbbell" or "Bodyweight/Barbell" means you can do either, recommended to start with bodyweight and add weights obviously.
  • Color coding is for each superset exercises and solo exercises.
  • I will be doing Weeks 5-8 soon, of course I will post it.
  • ONLY things that are different:
    • Workout A:
      • Barbell Bench Press > Barbell OR Dumbbells

(It specifically says "barbell" but I think a lot of people will argue no difference. Keep in mind a barbell is 45 lbs normally so you would be taking away that weight for dumbbells.)
    • Workout B:
      • "Foot Elevated Single leg Glute Bridges" > Single Leg Glute Bridges.

Add elevation to increase difficulty. (AKA, place foot on a bench or box)
      • Crunches > Planks

Aren't crunches bad for you? Either way nothing wrong with more planks.
    • Workout C:
      • X-band Walk > Cable Hip Abduction

I think that people need an alternative for this, however do the band walk if you have access to or can buy a band.

@byhisgrace Thank you so much for this. Question about supersets: in what order is it meant to be performed? For example, do you perform one set glute bridge, then one set dumbell row, repeat 2 other times. Or do you do 3 sets glute bridge, immediately followed into 3 sets dumbell row, followed by rest. Then start the next superset...? This is the only thing that confuses me about Strong Curves.

@dawn16 You complete 1 set glue bridges then right after, you do 1 set dumbbell row. Then you wait 90 seconds as the rest. Then do the second set of glute bridges and immediately after (or how long it takes to walk over to your dumbbells, say in a gym) you do the dumbbell row, 90 second rest, then that again one more time.

This is opposed to the non-supersets which you always wait 90 seconds after 1 set.

@byhisgrace Thank you so much. If we ever run across each other I will bake you some sweet potato power muffins or make you some no bake cookies (with added chocolate protein powder).

@byhisgrace First of all, thank you for doing this! This is great....I am looking forward to starting the program Monday. I've been lifting on my own schedule and am ready to move to a structured program. Do you think you're going to do weeks 9 -12 when you get there? Just wondering....don't think I'm not grateful for the weeks you have done!!! :)

@dawn16 Yes I will! I actually just finished Weeks 5-8 last night which I didn't think I would get to and finish, ended up being a lot quicker than I thought. So I will have the next weeks done soon.

@byhisgrace Nice, thank you for this! Does anyone else feel like Strong Curves is a little deficient in biceps and pullup work? I might do this program but then throw in a day for dedicated bicep isolation exercises and assisted pullup variations--- pullups, chinups, wide grip, neutral grip, etc.

Right now my workouts are legs 2x a week, back/biceps, chest/triceps, and shoulders. I always incorporate some sorts of pullups into all my upper body days.

@byhisgrace Thanks for posting this! I was going to post a question about something similar.

Do you know of a simplified version of SC with reduced variations of exercises and reduced need for equipment? e.g. I'm not going to be able to effectively learn the proper form for 6 different kinds of deadlift in a few weeks, just pick the best/simplest one and let me do that. Neither my home, my work gym, nor my other gym have a thing for 45 degree back extensions - if there's another exercise it can be swapped with that uses a more common piece of equipment it probably should be.

Kind of looking for a hybrid SC/SL program - I love the extra variety (within reason) and booty work of SC but I liked the simplicity of SL.