Here are the CORRECT Strong Curves workouts in GoogleDocs Excel form. Color Coded and with images. The first 4 week of Booty-ful Beginnings

@snugglebug My gym doesn't have anything for back extensions either so I just use a stability ball. I lie on it on my front with my feet pressed against a wall and then do back extensions that way.

@snugglebug I do not really know of anything else, no. I completely agree with you, SL was so freakin' nice and simple. However, I will say that at least for the first 4 weeks of Strong Curves, the schedule I made only had one kind of deadlift and squat, if that helps?

Actually, maybe look into Ice Cream Fitness? I think its simple-ish like Strong Lifts but a lot more accessory focused. I think.. Check it out!

@byhisgrace Thanks for the recommendation, ICF would be good except that it misses out all the booty stuff I like from SC, and looks like it would take a really long time (I stopped doing SL because spending 30+ minutes just on squats 3x a week was killing my soul).

I feel like bender - Fine! I'll make my own workout program! With blackjack! And hookers!

If I get around to doing anything formal about it I'll post it here.

@snugglebug I have modified SC a bit to fit in the additional free weights I wish to use in cases where my gym doesn't have some of the equipment. I take out some of the accessory work and include a larger lift. I'm seeing results, so add in whatever you want as long as it fits your goals!

@byhisgrace You are awesome! Thanks so much! I had inputted the exercises into jefit but a few of the exercises weren't available so I just continued to do my own thing at the gym instead - this will make starting so much easier.

@byhisgrace N00b here.

Would you recommend this to beginners?

Would you recommend cardio or straight rest for the other 4 days?

Are there certain macros I'm supposed to be following?

Also.....I just wanted to say I LOVE THIS. Not just the content, but I'm a spreadsheetaholic so this is all kinds of awesome! Great job!!!!

@theinvisibleman
  • Definitely want a rest day between these type (strength training) workouts. That said, I aim for 2 days a week cardio. So whether that be sat/sun, tues/sun, I think that is enough cardio -honestly it is! And I do from 30 mins to 60 depending on how I feel.
  • I don't know if I would recommend this to beginners, I think anyone can do this yes. I think of myself as an experienced beginner (ha) because I did Strong Lifts before and I know how to do many free weight lifts. This workout intimidated me at first (before I picked SL as my first workout regime) and now that I want to move on, its not as intimidating and I know how to do all of the workouts. Many people will say yes you can, and I do believe you can! Just study the workouts before hand because an injury on a poorly done exercise will place you that much farther from your goals - it freakin sucks.
  • What do you mean macros? Are you overweight looking to lose weight, etc? Either way actually, I would recommend protein 35%, Carbs 30% and fat 35%. I actually try for carbs 25% but I usually go over buts it keeps me in mind of my goal!
Hope that helped! And yes, I really enjoyed making this actually because I am mad OCD (the real kind and perfectionist kind, lol) and I literally lined up each photo the same, added colors, bolding, centering just right, etc. :)

@lookingforward1 Thanks! I just think that we should start like he planned it and if not making the best progress or finding out an exercise isn't working or painful, then then we should add or change stuff.

@byhisgrace Are you using free weights or a barbell? I don't have access to a gym at the moment and I was keep telling my self "nope you are not gonna see results using dumbbells" and I 've kinda found myself sticking to these excuses. I actually think you posting this awesome and well designed (mild OCD here! High five!) chart is a sign for me to move my lazy ass.

@lookingforward1 Haven't done it yet! I will be using dumbbells for pretty much everything other than the bench press which says barbell and the hip thrusts with added weight when I get to that point! Yes, definitely a motivator. Im starting tmrw :)