High BF% not overweight

@roarke Okay, now I get it. I've got some issues with this training algorithm and that it's all machine work. Why such low amounts of sets and reps? I'd bump the sets up to three. You said that this kicks your butt but why all your reps set at ten? Basically as long as you're training hard with 6-30 reps and going to within 3 reps short of failure you're good.

Have you ever heard a Push/Pull/ Legs training split? I'm asking a lot of questions because I don't know what you know and I won't know until I ask.

@sanj79 Well
The muscle building mode takes you through three types of lifting
Negative- where it seems heavier bringing it down or back than pushing up or forward (if that makes sense)
Adaptive-the machine changes weight with each rep
Explonic-you push/pull nice and easy to warm up then you push (or pull or lift) as hard and as fast as you can trying to reach the top of a pillar on the screen and it keeps track of your heaviest lift. This is the one that kicked my butt and what I’m doing now. I am sweating and my HR is in zone3 while doing this
Understand that I am a total novice with weight training. I’m a cardio queen and as I said I jog/walk zone 3-4 4 miles every single day outside (and I live near Chicago). But weights…well I know nothing so this automated system I can use after an orientation by a trainer is welcomed to me.

@roarke

Push pull legs routine women​

The push-pull-legs (PPL) routine is a popular training split that can be effective for women looking to build lean muscle and lose unwanted fat. This routine involves training the push muscles (chest, shoulders, triceps) on one day, the pull muscles (back, biceps) on another day, and the legs on a third day.

Here are some key points to consider when designing a PPL routine for women:
  • Start with a 3-day split: A 3-day split is a good starting point for beginners, as it allows for a balanced workout routine without feeling overwhelmed.
  • Focus on compound exercises: Compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench press, and rows work multiple muscle groups at once and are effective for building lean muscle.
  • Incorporate progressive overload: Gradually increase the weight or resistance you’re lifting over time to challenge your muscles and promote growth.
  • Don’t forget about cardio: While the PPL routine is designed to build muscle, it’s still important to incorporate some form of cardio exercise to help with fat loss and overall fitness.
Here’s an example PPL routine for women:

Day 1: Push
  • Warm-up: 5-10 minutes of cardio (jogging, jumping jacks, etc.)
  • Barbell bench press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Incline dumbbell press: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
  • Tricep pushdowns: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
  • Tricep dips: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
  • Cool-down: 5-10 minutes of stretching
Day 2: Pull
  • Warm-up: 5-10 minutes of cardio
  • Pull-ups: 3 sets of 8-12 reps (or assisted pull-ups if needed)
  • Barbell rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Lat pulldowns: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
  • Bicep curls: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Day 3: Legs
  • Warm-up: 5-10 minutes of cardio
  • Squats: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
  • Leg press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
  • Lunges: 3 sets of 10-12 reps (per leg)
  • Leg extensions: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
  • Leg curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Remember to adjust the weights and reps based on your fitness level and goals, and to rest for 60-90 seconds between sets. It’s also important to incorporate proper nutrition and recovery strategies to support your training.