High Protein Pasta that’s Actually Good

husbandhelp

I bought this Edamame and Mung Bean Fettuccine on a whim but kept eating Banza instead because it looked icky. Finally gave it a try today and holy shit, it’s the best high protein pasta I’ve ever had. It’s not mushy like chickpea pasta (there’s a bit of a spring to it), cooks really fast, and has so much more protein than any other pasta I’ve seen. It’s even cheap[ish]! Very win-win.

I would share a photo of my meal, but that shit was gone real fast.

@husbandhelp I get one that looks just like this from ALDI and I think it’s really good too. I always put a lot of sauce on it anyhow but I like the taste.

@dawn16 I have found I more-or-less like the penne, but the other shapes get very soggy for some reason. Doesn't matter now! I'll probably stick with these for the better macros. Maybe they'll use this to make penne one day (it is the perfect pasta shape).

@husbandhelp This is a Fakespot Reviews Analysis bot. Fakespot detects fake reviews, fake products and unreliable sellers using AI.

Here is the analysis for the Amazon product reviews:

Name: Explore Cuisine Fettuccini, Organic Edamame & Mung Bean, 8 Oz (Pack Of 6)

Company: Exas

Amazon Product Rating: 4.5

Fakespot Reviews Grade: B

Adjusted Fakespot Rating: 3.5

Analysis Performed at: 02-19-2023

Link to Fakespot Analysis | Check out the Fakespot Chrome Extension!

Fakespot analyzes the reviews authenticity and not the product quality using AI. We look for real reviews that mention product issues such as counterfeits, defects, and bad return policies that fake reviews try to hide from consumers.

We give an A-F letter for trustworthiness of reviews. A = very trustworthy reviews, F = highly untrustworthy reviews. We also provide seller ratings to warn you if the seller can be trusted or not.

@rtellard That fakespot post made me look at reviews. Apparently there’s a weird taste for some people. I spice the hell out of everything I cook, so maybe I just didn’t notice?

@husbandhelp If you have a Trader Joe’s near you I absolutely love their lentil and rice spaghetti. 14 grams of protein for a 190 calorie serving. I also like their red lentil sedinini. The Barilla protein+ pastas are a good option for wheat pasta, you can’t really distinguish it from regular pasta. For Asian dishes get soba noodles, they can have anywhere from 9-16 g of protein per serving depending on the brand

Edit: just clicked the link for the edamame pasta and holy shit, 24 g of protein! I’ll pick some up soon to try it. Thanks for sharing!

@dixiegospel Right!? I noticed how much higher the protein was once it was cooking. Was sure it would be nasty, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Tragically, Hawaii has no Trader Joe's. I think it's too expensive for them to operate here with their price point. If you can believe it, Whole Foods is actually one of the more affordable grocery stores because they don't mark up as much as the regular ones.

@husbandhelp Pastabilities “mighty pasta” brand is my fave, 20-24gs of protein per serving and the texture is a lot better than any chickpea or lentil pasta that I’ve tried. I can only find it at Fred Meyers grocery stores though.

Back