Hitting the sauna before a workout: y/n?

jackie

Wondering if this is a thing all over or is just specific to my area (Ontario Canada)
I personally find it unhygenic, especially when done after their workout. So many women at my gym do this (even though there is a sign asking them not to) and I know it does not replace an actual cardio warmup so why is this a thing.
Opinions? Perhaps you have reputable articles detailing how this may actually be beneficial or can confirm why I find it inherently gross? Or maybe you disagree with me? I wanna know.

@jackie My doctor actually recommended me to do this (or a hot compress) when I had knee pain. Apparently it takes long for me to "warm up" my joints and he said the heat can help.

@jackie I live in Ontario too, why do all the gyms here have saunas?! I don't need to get sweaty and hot and tired before my workout, and after my workout I have already sweat out every ounce of water in me so why would I go in a sauna?

@jackie I don't think it makes sense before, the heat will sap strength and energy and loosen up muscles too much. As far as afterwards, you're supposed to shower before you get into the sauna (steam room or whirlpool). In fact, in spa/sauna facilities around the world when you get out of the sauna, you rinse off before you get into another one or into a pool! It's polite and hygienic.

@jackie I thought this was an after workout thing. Loosen up muscles etc. I'd probably take a quick shower to rinse, like before swimming in the pool, if i was a big sweaty mess but otherwise my gym has towels and staff cleaning up throughout the day. You sweat working out and in the sauna so what's the difference?
Edit- I am in Washington DC