Tips for increasing time in the sauna?

@asxdvcfgt For entertainment, have you thought about reading? I started bringing a book or a magazine into the sauna to help me stay in there longer. I was also having trouble with boredom, which I think made any discomfort more noticeable. I basically now have a “sauna book” that I only read in there. I think it helps!

@fvp I read almost exclusively using the Kindle app on my phone. I'll take my phone in there for 5-10 minutes before it starts to get real toasty. I'm pretty minimalist so I don't like owning paper books or magazines. I wonder if a Kindle Paperwhite could handle the heat.

@asxdvcfgt
Bluetooth sport headphones strong enough to receive a signal from your phone even if you leave it outside the sauna? If it works you could listen to music or podcasts or something.

Most gyms I've been to have a stack of good magazines lying around somewhere, usually fitness related content, maybe you could grab one of those?

@asxdvcfgt Maybe try an older Kindle version instead of a Paperwhite. I have an old Kindle Keyboard that is still kicking, and you can get them used in the $20-30 price range (less of an issue if it dies due to sauna environment). I suspect it may be fine.

Don't disregard the library advice though, if your library has a subscription to Overdrive you can loan library books onto your Kindle! Other digital loan options like Cloud Library won't work on the e-ink Kindles though.

@shield4 Yes I use almost exclusively overdrive! But my account is for the library in the city that I used to live in, which has a much larger selection of digital books. So I can't go to the local branch to get a physical book.. maybe time to have a card for both

@asxdvcfgt Most places have magazines that you can use, or you can prob check one out from your library. I wouldn't suggest going into the sauna with too many electronics.

@sunstarmoon I still use the library card for my old city for digital books since it was a much larger metropolitan area with a bigger selection, so I haven't gotten around to getting a local card. Maybe it is time to check it out.might be good to have a physical copy of a fiction book on hand to complement all the non-fiction I read on my phone.. something entertaining that would be perfect for the sauna and before bed. This is probably what I'll do.

Back