How are most of workout routines full of junk volume?

@godofreason I genuinely don’t understand how people recover from the workouts I see posted. I do like 1/3 of the volume of most programs I see people post and I know for myself most of it would be junk volume if I was actually giving my all to every set

@godofreason I just recently ran the PHAT program, there were alot times where you only did 2 sets per exercise. Where are you getting the junk volume from? The only days that were kind of excessive were the hypertrophy lower and hypertrophy push day.

@godofreason Truthfully I think it is built in flaw to compensate for the consumer’s lack of intensity or ability to gauge effort. Most who buy the programs are novices or just getting back into it and that range compensates for lack of threshold

@godofreason Because human beings are not the averages of research studies, and there 100% are people who respond better to more volume (as reported in most research).

The pendulum swings with what’s popular, and right now the flavor of the year is high intensity.

@godofreason It works, especially with Calisthenics. For example: 4 sets 10 reps for push ups ain't doing jack shxt. Now I don't have time for 1,000 reps of push ups which I know a lot of people that do. But I'll definitely get a total of like 500 reps for a push workout. Dips, various push ups, various tricep exercises also.

No if I want to up the intensity? I just switch my training to gymnastic rings. Way less reps due to instability on the rings which I love.

Back