How Calisthenics changed my life..

reneasohm

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share some motivation and my story because without bodyweight exercise I wouldn't have made the last years of my life.

My story in 60 seconds:

After a huge accident and losing my left leg the only thing that kept me alive was bodyweight exercise (some days I really thought about taking my own life...)

I hope this relates with some of you and helps you get motivated and pursue your goals even harder!

Also, whats your excuse :)) ?

Follow your dreams - Be relentless!

@booklady haha :D,

generally I always train with my leg so my upper body muscles are trained in a balanced way and because I study and write tutorials for my youtube fans (so I want everything to be based on fair experience) but I did do an exception for the front lever (the only time) because my left elbow is extremely sensitive to this exercise and I got pain quite often...

As for exercises like free handstand push ups the leg makes them a lot more difficult!

Good catch though :D

@dogwoodtree It's about 40 bucks new, and is a great pullup bar. I've had one for about 6 years and have only had to replace the padding so it doesn't mess up the door frame. Wonderful investment!

@dogwoodtree It's a good bar and works, yeah, but it can leave marks on your door frame cause the padding is kinda shit. I use a different one called Perfect Fitness and it's pretty legit. It's on Amazon and it's not very expensive.

@reneasohm Hey, wait, in those handstand pushups your toes weren't pointed... er... wait...

Seriously, thanks for sharing your story. Definitely an inspiration! I will be reading that Kindle book, and encouraging my son to do the same.

@pink318 haha thank you Tmath. Sorry I can only point one food :D, although I do activate the same muscles in both legs (above the calf at least)...

The book is free by the way until Sunday!