How do you build or improve a solid Anaerobic capacity for Crossfit

admin001

I am planning on participating in a fitness competition simillar to hyrox or Spartan DekaFit.

For this 1st 2-3 months I am planning to build back my Anaerobic capacity.

My question is. How do I progress? So far my plans is something like this

Month 1
500m rows x 4
1:1 rest

3 min rest
200m run x 4

Month 2
500m rows x 5

3 mins rest
400m run x 4

Will adding more rounds/set help improve my anaerobic capacity or should I reduce the rest time and some explosive movements? Since my goal is to improve my anaerobic capacity..

@admin001 Dekafit must be a meme competition

They posted yesterday a video about movement standards, where even their new movement standards would bring shame on Grid League

@admin001 For me, two days of normal CF, one day of CF but with a long WOD (25+ minutes) that you can still move through (think a chipper, but with manageable weights/movements so the rest is minimal), one day with an EMOM 40 with no rest (e.g., minute 1: row, minute 2: wall ball shots, minute 3: pull ups, minute 4: double unders, repeat that 10 times), and one day of rowing intervals similar to what you described but with varying intensities (i.e., sprints, then a long Z2-type row). Also, time. It takes time for the body to adapt and become more efficient.

@petra888 I got chu..

usually how to coaches determine the intensity? My only problem is "progressive overloading"

What would a normal Crossfit WOD look like? If I may

@admin001 If I were to train for hyrox, I would do a lot of high intensity mixed with recovery based running. I wouldn’t do anything like an actual rest only because you won’t stand there to recover. You’re often made to move which is the recovery. So I would do zone 2 training just for length and duration of the event (volume). Other days I would do paced rowing/running (mod/fast) into a recovery jog or row for several rounds. This is just based off my understanding of what hyrox is. I don’t know about the other comps.

@admin001 Anaerobic capacity means
  1. The ability to produce more energy using the glycolytic system
  2. The ability to buffer (neutralize) the byproducts of glycolytic reactions
Accomplishing (1) requires intensity. Intensity recruits fast twitch fibers and turns on the glycolytic engine. Use intervals with a long rest, for example, 1:5. Something like 6 Rounds, Work :30 (max effort) rest 2:30 will be very effective

Accomplishing (2) requires production of by-products as well as increased capillary supply to fast twitch fibers. It is the capillaries which transport by-products away. This can be achieved with short interval repeats, something like 10 Rounds, Work :10, Rest :50.

The high interval count will increase aerobic contribution, which will trigger increased capillary density. This will help with byproduct removal.

Another adaptation that will occur is the development of gears within your anaerobic engine. This just means you'll be able to move "above the redline" with an understanding of the time cost of recovery.

If you're interested in training with us, let me know. We have programs designed exactly for this.