How I Got A Free Handstand Pushup In 1 Year: The 4 Steps Anyone Can Take To Build An Excellent Foundation

@jesiah That's an excellent guide, one of the most comprehensive I've seen so far.

I've been obsessed with HSPU exercises, I've been working on them since forever and I tried so many things, didn't work, tried something else, and so on.

Your tips about the elbows, the 45 degree are on point. I did notice that tucking too much the elbows close to the waist makes the move almost completely tricep dominant.

I've been doing the pike pushup plus only, 3x a week, and wall HSPU negatives. I never did high rep pike pushups work however, this is an interesting idea! I'm able to do 1 strict HSPU rep against the wall, and a 2nd rep with a bit of arch. One thing I hate with the wall is that the path can get messed up because of the feet blocked by the wall, which can emphasize arching to compensate.

One thing you forgot to mention is volume. How many sets? Or how many reps / week? I think volume is quite important in order to see gains.

Other than that, awesome!

@familyiskey28 So this just covers the vertical pushing pattern (bent arm) of a routine. RR can be good yes. I would say you need to be able to do 10 pushups before following this.