How long do you expect your crossfit shoes to last?

@sonofgodbrotherofman Interesting. When I weighed 180-185, about 8 years ago, I’d go about 9 months before I noticed my running shoes breaking down. I had far less muscle and strength, though. I’m always amazed at how 10 to 20 pounds can make such a big difference in endurance versus strength competition and even how often shoes need changed out.

@sonofgodbrotherofman I have 2 Innov8 F-Lites 235 in different colours, 1 Innov8 FastLift 325 for the past 2 years. I alternate between those 3 based on the workout and my attire colour. Except 1 F-Lite 235 (the lesser used one) the other 2 are in brilliant condition. I do 5 sessions a week, and 3 days of squatting in a week, I squat barefoot though.

@sonofgodbrotherofman I wore through my metcon 4s (used 3x a week) in like 4 months after I bought them. Weird enough though my nobulls are about a year old and still haven’t fallen apart.

In conclusion, (IMO) nobulls are overpriced, not as comfortable as metcons, but dang they are durable

@sonofgodbrotherofman My metcon 4’s have lasted me (through 2-3 hour gym sessions, 5-6x a week) since january when i got em off preorder. Do they look pretty anymore? No. But they still get the job done. I recently bought some metcon 3’s on a double sale and have been switching them back and forth to get some extended life from my 4’s

When i say gym sessions i mean Comptrain/Misfit athletics blog. Not being in a globo gym. 😂. They take a fuckin beating that i can promise you

@sonofgodbrotherofman I workout 5-6 days a week. Generally 6. I’ve had all generations of Metcons and on average they last me around 6 months before noticeable wear and tear are seen, but I have used them well over 8 months.

Realistically, I would replace them after 6-8 months because as someone else mentioned, while 6 months is super short, you gotta think about how much abuse you put them through.

I wear them nearly everyday for workouts and often wear them as casual shoes as well.

That’s a lot of wear in a short period so if I get 8 months to a year I’ll take it.

I just wish Nike would design some better color ways because they are shitting the bed.

@sonofgodbrotherofman Get Nano 2s. Find a pair of new old stock on ebay or poshmark. I wear mine 300 days a year for WODS and daily wear. I get north of 18 months out of a pair. I typically pay less than $70 per pair. I have 10 pairs.

I say get some new old stock because I have noticed that the re-released versions are slightly less durable, and the rubber is slightly different. Plus they are more expensive.

@sonofgodbrotherofman What's the gymfloor like? Do you use the shoes for running outside aswell?

Ive had my Nano 7s for 7 months and they still look brand new. But I only use them in the box and never outside. The box where i train also has thick rubber mats across the whole floor. Usually train 4-5 days a week.