Hunter and semis

little_sparrow

Was thinking through the tests and the kind of athlete that would make it and it occurred to me

I reckon Hunter McIntyre, had he trained a year, could have made it through these tests and had a good chance of making it to the games.

The events skew endurance-y and there’s a lot in favor for him - I imagine he’d crush the run / CJ event (185 CJ is moderate), the legless echo event, and maybe the lunge event too, and the handstand walk event.

The only two events I can see problematic would be the FS one and the snatch ladder. That’s where specific training would come in - he’d be training strength anyways and I reckon had he been doing that, he would have had enough to get in.

No 1RMs or heavy events or anything high reps that would bottleneck him out like strict hand stand push ups.

I think he could have gotten thru quarters as well, but that’s a different story. I’m fairly confident he would have put up a world class time for the WB/BJ workout and the only “heavy” workout again would have been 245 CJ. The other 3 workouts would have been fine for him.

So basically these tests together … be like Hunter

@little_sparrow Hunter a beast but probably would fall middle of the pack. The fact he does not train this ultimately hurts him I think he even said he could probably only snatch 185 to 205 in that range.

@little_sparrow If it’s redline cardio with some strength involved, he’s pretty much untouchable. I don’t particularly like the guy, but I admire and respect the crap out of his conditioning and competition mindset. He may not have the high end strength, or the high end gymnastics of the top CrossFit guys, but he’s an absolute beast at everything else. And he’s so much a better athlete now than when he had the games wildcard a few years back.

@theinformer Hate him all you want, but I guarantee you - your training now and should look more like Hunters than any games athlete. (This tells you something about fitness and how it’s defined in CrossFit). Rich froning trains more like Hunter than he trains like the Games peeps he surrounds himself with

@little_sparrow I don’t follow hunter personally, but I see his reels appear in my feed from time to time. He has an amazing engine/endurance and he’s a pretty big guy for an endurance athlete as well. I know crossfitters often like to hate on him after the wildcard debacle, but he is a pretty legit fit and well rounded athlete, I respect him for that.

He would probably do decently or smoke events 1, 2, 3. Would probably suffer on the HSW and snatch. And event 6 could go either way. He could definitely have surprised people.

@little_sparrow Hunter is the cardio-est on Earth.

So where there is a cardio, he’s gonna be atop the leaderboard. Introduce weights or gymnastics and he’s gonna stink worse than the fish you forgot to bring in from the car

@little_sparrow Hi Hunter! you're an absolute CV beast! kudos!!

but your ego shit like this is pathetic and ridiculous.

You could juice as much as briggs and make a splash, but I suspect that is not within your set of possibilities. So lacking that, just stick with where you are awesome!

Back