I’m starting my workout journey. I’m a 6’3”, 230lbs male. I’d like to slim down to around 200lbs with muscle. Any tips?

@maidenfan That said, going to the gym can give you the energy, confidence, and focus you need to help control what you eat in the kitchen. Controlling my diet is always easier when I'm working out.

@quilbilly I suck at controlling my diet nowadays so I just work out to compensate. As I’ve gotten fatter and fatter people have been telling me I’ve lost weight 🤷

Yeah I have a beer belly but I can knock out 12 pull ups at a moment’s notice which is 12 more than I did when I was skinny and bench about 150 pounds more than when I was in high school.

@mybridges Yep, it's honestly better to just focus on that if you are having trouble losing the weight. Being strong is fun and it will change your body definition in ways that make it matter less if you've got a gut. Even more true as you get older and the average you're competing against looks worse and worse.

@maidenfan Yes

I have the opposite problem, I bulk up but also I hate bad food, I like fresh, healthy food with little or no sodium/sugars. I also am repulsed by people that gorge on food. Like literally, I will stop eating entirely if I see someone doing that and if you go out to eat in America.. it's not hard to see someone laser focused on inhaling their entire plate as fast as possible.

I think having my mindset on food would fix the obesity problem in America over night lol

But yeah... food is seriously the key and cardio helps with so many things too from mental health to heart health, self confidence, etc.