I Figured Out How To Tidily Pack Workout Clothes and I’m Super Excited

zenoboy

There are videos floating around the internet of a sweet old lady who can fold ANYTHING, and it prompted me to sort the perfect system for organizing my gym clothes! Now I just grab one of my pairs of sneakers and a bra and I’m ready to party :) so much more efficient than my usual approach of folding stuff haphazardly and then having to dig through to match things up before running into the gym. Hopefully this is helpful for some of you! 😊🎉

Here is an imgur album showing photo and video to match these steps!
  1. Workout pants, top, socks, and undies
  2. Lay pants flat, and stack all items flat on top of waistband
  3. Roll bundle past the crotch of the pants
  4. Flip top pant leg over bundle
  5. Roll until remaining pant leg is a bit shorter than the width of the bundle
  6. Turn pant leg inside out around the end of the bundle
  7. Tug it all the way down until it’s tight and snug, wrapped allll the way down the bundle
  8. Ponder what to do with all the free space in your gym bag! I vote snacks???

@zenoboy ...and saved!!!

I think this technique also had the side benfit of not over packing - if it's not a planned outfit, it's not going in. Thank you so much for sharing!

@zenoboy I wear my workout clothes to the gym and come home to shower since it's all of a mile away but this would seriously cut down on storage space needed. Only problem is I wear snarky t-shirts that say things like "I'm just here for the pizza" or "I get enough exercise just pushing my luck" when I go to the gym I choose my clothes based on my mood for the day. I'll have to figure a way to wrap my clothes up so the t-shirt is on the outside so I can pick a bundle based on that.

@zenoboy I used to make clothes footballs with my gym clothes back in junior high twenty years ago. I actually used my sleeves to hold the bundle. None of my shirts have sleeves any more

@jimmy2004 Yes! I came here wondering if anyone had tackled that particular part of this issue. I've found I can kind of nestle them in flat but they really mess with the rolling process if they move out of position.

Alternative: Bra stack along one side? They might not fit with the rest of the roll but they do fit with each other and can stack that way maybe?

@dawn16 I do this with my regular clothes because I often bike or run in or leave a few rolls of low-wrinkle clothes at work to throw on when I get there.

It works if you fold the bra in the center to stack the underwires, push the underwire up against the top, roll a loop, then fold the bra straps over and keep rolling.

@zenoboy I am a big proponent of putting clothes out the night before. Since I go to the gym first thing I put gym outfit on top of my dresser. Alarm goes off, grab clothes, hit the gym. I started doing it so I wasn't fishing around for socks in the dark while my husband was sleeping, but it ended up being a big time and energy saver for me.

@zenoboy Oh my. Why have I never thought about packing more than one days clothes at a time? I have just now gotten into the routine of emptying my bag and refilling it at night for the next day.

Thanks for posting this!

Back