I got 11 pullups in a row when I was aiming for 10!

@7iceman7 Thanks for the input.

I've never used a weight/dip belt before, and would be worried about using it incorrectly. Something like a vest or ankle weights seems much more straight forward, which makes me thing I'm less likely to injure myself out of negligence.

Top that off with working out at home, I have much more space I can store a vest or ankle weights vs a belt and free weights.

@goodbyeharry Yeah I can imagine if you're doing it from home having the weights at home would take up a lot of space for a belt. I usually do it at the gym with kettlebells and they are pretty damn expensive

@berniceann There are a few logical progressions after those 15s' :
Perfectly valid goals and directions of training, if you aim to pursue 'skills' or 'feats'. There are slight differences among them, though. OAPs are probably gonna focus on the bicep more than the others, Front Lever is obviously great for straight arm strength and works the back more than the bicep, while Weighted Pull-ups and Increased ROM Pull-ups are pretty balanced.

Pick a hill to die on, go conquer it, then pick another one.

@berniceann This is called the Flying Squirrel Routine by Charles poliquin:

Wide grip pronated pull-ups, AMRAP
10s rest
Shoulder width pronated pull-up, AMRAP
10s rest
Slightly less than shoulder width supinated chin-up, AMRAP
10s rest
Narrow-grip (6” or less) supinated chinup, AMRAP

Basically an extended drop set from worst leverage (wide overhand) to better (shoulder) to best leverages (narrow grip with biceps emphasis)

I just mention it bc he describes the prerequisite to this routine as being able to do 12 shoulder width supinated chin-ups and it sounds like you’re there!

@berniceann I recommend to be able to do 5x15 then go weighted. It will be a great base. When you can do 6-8 reps with half your bodyweight extra you should be able to train one arm specifically and get it very quickly.

@ayopoker This is great, am trying to get to 10 myself (maxing at 6 right now) so good to hear about your journey to 10+, keep up the good work.

@amak Try this.

Day 1 - 5,4,3,2,1
Day 2 - 5,4,3,2,2
Day 3 - 5,4,3,3,2
Day 4 - 5,4,4,3,2
Day 5 - 5,5,4,3,2
Rest day
Day 7 - 6,5,4,3,2
Day 8 - 6,5,4,3,3

And so on and so on till you get to 9,9,8,7,6 over the course of 30 days!

I do this routine every time I stop working out and lose my pull-up strength

@nfrazer1 Is this all in one time period (set/rest for 1-2 mins, set/rest for 1-2 mins, etc etc) or is it throughout the day(1 set every hour or so until you’ve reached all sets)? Thanks!

@famohseven4b1g My approach is all at once, but take enough of a rest between sets that I’m pretty certain I’ll hit the next one (2-5 mins). Then do a few squat jumps to get my heart pumping and hit the next set.

@amak You got this!! I was maxing at 6 back in like February and with off and on training I was still able to get to 11 pullups (going for 12 now).

You'll hit your goal soon :)

@ayopoker I've always found that if I'm aiming for a certain number I have to convince myself to aim higher. Like if I aim for 20 pushups then I'll start to tire at 15 but if I aim for 40 then I won't feel tired until about 25