I got 315 on my squats last night!

fallenchristian

I got inspired by /@cfaith_rains post to share my recent PR as well.

I just hit my PR for squats -- 5 sets x 5 reps at 315#.

In 2016, I lost my gym membership and then the job that had a gym, and shifted my focus to running so I could complete a marathon before I turned 40. (I finished.) Nevertheless, I didn't go above 225#.

I got back into lifting in December when work installed a gym and hired a trainer. My goal for 2019 was to get to 300# on either deadlifts or squats, and I since moved it to 300# on both DL and squats. (I'm at 275# on deadlifts.) I've added about ten pounds this year, mostly muscle, and most of it on my shoulders and thighs. It's been fun to be able to eat a lot more than I had been, although I'm not looking forward to the cut section.

I'm a 42 year old man and I've been vegan for 7.5 years. I weigh about 170 pounds, and I was formerly a fat guy.

@cornwall1 Yeah, the progression got weird above 250; the DL was going better and then the squats seemed to do better.

I know I'm not really dropping low enough on the squats, but there's no safety bar here so it's all I can do to get to parallel. On the upside, I struggled with 225 in March, and I can get those ATG now as part of the the warmup sets.