I (under 20 y.o. male) don't know where to start after a 4 month break from gym

zakalwe

I'm under 20 years old and quite fit.

I've been going to the gym regularly since October 2022. I stopped going to the gym around April 2023 due to different reasons. So I had been going for around 6 Months. I saw some beginner progress, which was great.

Now in my 4 Month break I didn't stop doing sports though. I did more cardio based sports like Tennis or Football (Soccer) quite often.

I'm around 6.3 foot (193cm) and 160 lbs (73kg).

I want to start going to the gym a bit more regular. Where do I start? What weight should I start at? How often should I go? Should I do a legs and upper body split?

I'm quite thin so how much protein and calories should I consume?

I also have a mass gainer at the back of my cupboard. Should I use that now or later?

thanks for reading and your advice

@zakalwe Start by going to FitWiki and read all of it, ALL OF IT. There are several easy digestible articles on training, diet and routines. The FAQ page will probably answer all your follow-up questions. Then pick a program from the recommended routines, preferably the beginner program . If you don't have access to a gym, follow the beginner bodyweight program . Go on YouTube, and you will find several videos on how to perform the different exercises. If you want do add some cardio (as you should), you will find proper cardio- and conditioning routines here.

I would start with the following articles:
- Getting started with fitness
GL dude!

Back