I want to buy gymnastic rings, but I’m not sure where/how to mount them

@spacct I would get a pro to mount them. That’s not something to not have safely done. Pull up bars are great. There’s a lot you can do with minimal equipment. Just dig a bit into it

@spacct I went to Home Depot and bought some 2x6 and iron 1" pipe. Rant the 2x6 across the trusses in the garage and mounted the pipe to the 2x6 with flanges. Instant pull up bar, ring mount when I need it.

@spacct Are you allowed to drill into the walls? There are wall-mounted pull-up bars.

Are you allowed to drill/screw into the rafters? You can put eyelet bolts into them, just make sure they are strong and secure. Or screw a piece of wood to the rafters and put the straps of the rings between wood and rafter, that way you can use several smaller screws which will leave less noticeable holes.

You could get a pull-up bar for the door frame. Make sure it’s a cantilever design (they are much more secure and much less likely to damage the door frame). Can’t you put up a pet/toddler fence in front of the door to prevent your pets from entering? (unless said pets are birds :D )

@sarangapani When I go home, I’ll try to see if I can drill into the rafters, because if so, I may look into getting a mounted pull-up bar instead.

Just as long as I got something that I can work with pull-ups on, I’ll be happy

@spacct Being fairly light, I started by using them on a pull up bar but quickly realised space to manoeuvre was an issue.

The football (soccer) goals in the local park work great. A tree can work well too, just find a thick bough with enough height and clearance.

@spacct Don't know what the door frame I question looks like, but the ones I've had I all my places allow for the bar to be mounted on a way that allows the door to be closed.

@julie1 100% would, but space is an issue in the house

Also height, basement height is on the shorter side and I’d have no room upstairs. Just what happens when you’re part of a family of 4 with 3 cats lol, not much space for anything. I’m basically gonna be sleeping in a corner of the basement with not much wiggle room at all.

@spacct Go around you neighbourhood, and I am sure with a bit of creativity you can find somewhere you can hang your rings. The playground, stair cases, tree branches, basketball goals etc.

@spacct Toss them in a bag and walk/bike to a park - hang from a tree, basketball hoop, etc. One of the best aspects of rings is how mobile & versatile they are.

Back