Improved my right eye vision from 6/18 to 6/12 in a year through food and no supplements.

lamarcook

I got my eyes tested in October 2022 and my right eye had 6/18 vision but got tested again today and the doctor said my vision has improved to 6/12. The only change in my diet after October 22 was that I started eating a whole amla everyday and started taking whey protein more regularly. Even my family is surprised and my mother will not stop me from ordering whey now lol. No other supplements like omega 3 or zinc but thinking of starting them now

@revivalusa238
Did you consciously eat amla everyday to improve eyesight or it was a coincidence and just happened to be a change in your eating habit in the past year

Bhai nobody eats amla for the taste, I consciously made a choice and asked my parents to get amla for me. I go to the gym in the morning, so I take an amla along with me and keep chewing it during the session like a chewing gum

@feargod102501 I think you misunderstood, let me explain it

It is possible to correct your eyesight using glasses. Visual strength is a general term used to describe how thick or thin the lenses of the glasses need to be – i.e., the strength of the glasses. The main purpose of the glasses is to give the user the best possible vision.

Visual acuity

Visual acuity means how well one sees AFTER eyesight has been corrected with glasses. You cannot necessarily see 100% just because you are wearing glasses. If you have a lazy eye, for example, you may have reduced vision down to 60% in the lazy eye, after you have corrected your eyesight with glasses.

Visual acuity is often referred to in percentages or decimals.

It is visual acuity that is measured when testing using letters and symbols on an eye chart. If your visual acuity is 6/6, then this means that you are able to see the smallest letters on the eye chart from six meters away. When this is converted to a percentage, this equates to 100% sight (6 / 6 * 100 = 100%). A person who is said to see normally has a visual acuity of 6/6.

Similarly, a visual acuity of 6/18 means that a person has to stand six meters away from the eye chart to be able to see the same as a person with normal sight can see from 18 meters away. When converted to a percentage, this gives a score of 33% sight

So I had a lazy eye and couldn't read very small letters with my right eye but that has improved now, but the number for glasses remains the same. It just means that I can read more smaller alphabets than before even after wearing glasses

Back