Is there a “Caroline Girvan” of Yoga or Pilates on YouTube?

snugz

Hey y’all! I’ve noticed I’m getting pretty inflexible by focusing on lifting and running and would like to incorporate a regular yoga or Pilates practice a couple times a week. Is there a “Caroline Girvan” of yoga or Pilates? I love the CG format from her 30 or 60-day series. Looking for something for fairly muscular and inflexible people but in a series format so I don’t need to think about it in the morning. Something that doesn’t make you do crazy headstands but can be modified for inflexible folks.
I started looking, but got overwhelmed by the volume out there and I don’t even know what’s good.

@love1989 Tried a couple suggestions from everyone and I think the video from Move with Nicole is my favorite. Keep getting bored doing yoga haha. Pilates seems like the best solution so I’ll actually do it. Thanks!

@garretfut This. She does “30 Days of Yoga” every year, and has videos for all lengths, abilities and aims. Super relatable and friendly too, also cute dog in videos.

@snugz Imo Adriene talks too much, and the workouts are way too slow and easy, but it is fine for beginners and older people.
Yoga with Kassandra is a bit better, but it is still very slow and very much for beginners.

Caroline Girvan's workouts are hard and quite advanced, so I would say Boho Beautiful is the Caroline Girvan of yoga channels. There are some easier videos, but you just have to make your own modifications if you have flexibility limitations.

Move with Nicole is also great. The workouts look easy but are actually quite difficult.
Tana Yoga is also a decent channel with good flow videos.

@jg_lrd If you guys really wanna challenge yourselves with yoga, you could try Patrick Beach. I'm a pretty consistent weight lifter so I consider myself moderately strong and I can't finish some of his workouts or have to constantly do the modifications

@paulclays Thanks, I will check out his channel.

I feel the same way with Boho Beautiful's harder and intermediate classes. Even with all the weight training and yoga I do, I can't even begin to do some of the poses she does. Also, the way the muscles are used with yoga and pilates feel very different from weight training. It is good to have variety.

@jg_lrd I completely agree. I really cannot get on with Adriene. She is so annoying!

I love boho beautiful. Her videos are always great and she feels genuine.

@jg_lrd Lol I’m definitely a beginner. The Caroline Girvan comparison is probably not correct for my level of skill in yoga and flexibility. I’m a beginner in the yoga/flexibility game and even when I do beginner videos I feel like a baby deer about to topple over.

@snugz If you can get around the Silicon Valley Shaman vibes, Breathe and Flow on YouTube seems close to what you’re requesting.

@snugz Charlie follows is great. she always puts alternate pose suggestions in. I did yoga everyday for 2023 and I found that I could watch her videos on repeat

@snugz Charlie follows is great. she always puts alternate pose suggestions in. I did yoga everyday for 2023 and I found that I could watch her videos on repeat

Back