Is there anything I can do that doesn’t require me to change my diet, but will still make me loose weight?

psalms91forme

Couple things: I know that basic law of thermodynamics is needed to lose weight, in other words calorie deficit. I’m skinny fat. Limbs are lean. Gut is huge. I don’t work out and have maintained a healthy weight. I don’t eat processed foods, but I love my carbs. I’m Asian and carbs are a necessity to my diet. Not to mention, I love to eat. I don’t wanna change my diet. I decided to start strength training, and yes I’m getting stronger, but my gut is getting bigger. My trainer says I need to increase my protein. I’d rather not. I wanna continue my carb heavy diet, and just wanna work out. But it’s not working out. So is my only option protein to really make strength training worth it?

@psalms91forme If you don’t trust your trainers answer then stop paying them.

You already know the answer to this. You just don’t want to do what’s required. Either do what’s required or don’t.

@psalms91forme Limbs being lean while your gut is huge is a common way for men to store fat, and unfortunately, the very type of fat to be most concerned about for health reasons. This is visceral fat and is associated with heart issues, diabetes, and various cancers. Carbs don't inherently cause one to gain fat, eating more calories than burned does. So eat the same food, just eat less of it. Tracking your food might help with this. You can download an app like Cronometer or My Fitness Pal to help make it easy. Do eat more protein, though. This is well studied as being helpful for weight loss and muscle gain. Aim for 1g per pound of bodyweight a day, but if you only hit .75g/lbs of bodyweight that's probably ok.

@psalms91forme I mean this with respect, bro.

NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES​

You can not expect to get the body you want without putting in the effort required.

I love to eat

great. Eat exactly what you are eating but limit the calories. This will still result in weight, just not exactly what you want. Which leads me to...

I love my carbs... I don't wanna change my diet

Strength training and body building requires you look at your food as fuel more than the regular person. This stuff is not hard to understand but can be difficult to start with. If you love your carbs, only have them before and after your workouts. But be warned: do not overestimate how many calories you burn with your workout. Continue to eat in a 250-500 cal deficit. Ensure you get your required protein macros and you will be golden. You are coming off as immature with this mindset of "I want something but I do not want to put in the effort to achieve it." And that is why people are saying what they are saying.

I believe in you but you need to ditch this mentality yesterday. Once you change your diet, you will have the results you want and that feeling of accomplishment will deliver more dopamine than anything you could eat.

Keep lifting, bro. WAGMI.

@psalms91forme My man. 90% of looking the way you described is going to be your nutrition. You can not continue you old eating habits then add weightlifting and think you will look good. It will not work. You must change your eating habits, i.e., your nutrition.

@psalms91forme You can have a gut and not look like you have much of one with a big chest, shoulders, and lats.

What you descried yourself as is the grinch body type. If you're skinny with a beer gut that probably means you have no muscle mass. If you are on a carb heavy diet and low protein you're at a disadvantage in creating muscle and preserving muscle. Essentially if you don't want to change your diet (macro split and volume) and keep what you eat the same and simultaneously do not lift you will have to get absurdly skinny in order to not have a gut. Start marathon training and well maybe you'll end up loosing the gut, but also keep in mind what marathon runners look like.

Good luck.

@psalms91forme How about changing the quantity of your diet? If nothing changes, nothing changes. I'm Asian too, at one point, feeling good in the long run became more important than feeling good in the moment. I'm in my 50s and how good I look and feel now is a result of food changes in my 30s which I continue to this day.

@psalms91forme You're trying to do the impossible and its a terrible strategy. But, if I had to attempt to work to your ridiculous restrictions, then I would simply do a shit tonne more cardio along with the strength training so you can burn the excess fat and your existing muscle becomes more defined.

Basically, run. A fucking lot.

But if you are unwilling to put effort into cleaning the diet, I can't see how you will have the commitment to run enough.

Honestly, best of luck, but I would strongly reconsider your approach.

@psalms91forme
I love to eat.

Until you engage in fork putdowns, you won't see a difference. If you eat right, you won't be TOO hungry on a cut.

But also. If you're serious about a cut?

Being hungry is part of a cut, like being full is part of a bulk.

I wanna continue my carb heavy diet

Reread that.

Changes won't happen until you're ready to change.

@psalms91forme It can be consistent. Just don’t expect to get rid of your belly. However, you can run ten miles a week and still eat your regular diet/calorie amount. That would move the needle. At a decent speed, you could burn maybe 1000 cals from that. ~3500 cals is about a lb of fat, so you’d lose a pound each 35 miles you run. That’s how you can create a calorie deficit without changing how you are eating.

I’m Asian as well. I get my 150g of protein per day and limit my carbs. Carbs aren’t a necessity. You don’t lose your “Asian card”

How did I lose the gut? I tracked my food and counted calories. I put the work in. I went from 175 to my current 150 lbs. (5’7” male)

My abs are starting to show now.